Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 307
Hits New Yesterday: 46263

Server Time
15 December 2018 00:18:54 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Scarlet > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Scarlet Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 … 140, 141, 142 Next
gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

hybrid wrote
Well done on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Expect to throw lots of time and money at it... but that's what we do 'round here.

thanks hybrid, you live life once.. go hard or go home! ..

Frank70
Mustang Star

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Firstly welcome to the board gbx.

It looks like based on this thread and others , it would take about $100k to build a good Eleanor. That is including a decent driveline ie. at least 400HP and a 5 speed or good auto. Plus then a nice interior and a good suspension and brake setup. I can see when you want to go the whole 9-yards and have the sidepipes, PIAA driving lights, Recaros, shleby steering wheel etc. etc. the cost can quickly escalate.

Trying to do one for much less will likely end in heartache or a much less than ideal result. I guess one way to do it is like Bas did and get the body done and worry about the driveline later. I'm not sure how much Bas spent on stage 1, but for gsx's sake , Bas' car was a finished Eleanor (body-wise) that needed pretty much total redoing.

I think its good that we have professionals who can pretty accurately guide someone in this process.

Looking forward to seeing progress shots.

Cheers,
Frank.

1970 Mustang Fastback 302 Toploader
1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan 289 C4
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 350 Father/Son project
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Frank70 wrote
Firstly welcome to the board gbx.

It looks like based on this thread and others , it would take about $100k to build a good Eleanor. That is including a decent driveline ie. at least 400HP and a 5 speed or good auto. Plus then a nice interior and a good suspension and brake setup. I can see when you want to go the whole 9-yards and have the sidepipes, PIAA driving lights, Recaros, shleby steering wheel etc. etc. the cost can quickly escalate.

Trying to do one for much less will likely end in heartache or a much less than ideal result. I guess one way to do it is like Bas did and get the body done and worry about the driveline later. I'm not sure how much Bas spent on stage 1, but for gsx's sake , Bas' car was a finished Eleanor (body-wise) that needed pretty much total redoing.

I think its good that we have professionals who can pretty accurately guide someone in this process.

Looking forward to seeing progress shots.

Cheers,
Frank.

Yes thank you. Very Happy .. once the body and paint is done. It will be smooth sailing (hopefully).. i had a chance to buy a eleanor convert. RHD for 60K.. coulda just jumped in and enjoyed it .. had a cobra motor .. but well i want my OWN car. I want to know whats gone into it.. so i know what to expect. cost me twice as much but hey ..

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

hmmm ok interesting question.. a fellow forum member made a good point about side exhausts and NSW RTA regulations.. now my understanding that as long as the exhaust pipes exit passed the last opening window (the door in the case of the mustang) then its ok .. but then i read into it more and it as to be 500mm? and then theres talk of it pointing down and away from the kerb..

has any of the guys had an experience with the "legal" version of this? .. i mean my worse case is dummy it up to look functional but under neath pipes get dumped just after the diff which would easily be 500mm away or just before the rear bumper or something ..

whats everyone seen done here in NSW? ive seen plenty of eleanors driving around however im not sure if they are actually functional pipes. while i dont mind non functional side pipes as long as it looks the part thats fine.. however IF there was a way to do it legally i would..

of course this is not talking about the fitting or anything as i think we discussed that earlier being a PIA hehe .. im more asking about the legal side of things ..

i also read that 96db is the loudest at a certain rpm (mite be 3000rpm for V8's) .. how on earth do you make sure you engine (worked or not) fall under that .. i guess its the mufflers job. Is 96db pretty loud? i hope to retain some muscle sound when driving AND idling Sad

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

OK, as far as side pipes being legal, forget it unless the car originally came that way (like a 65 Shelby or 70 AAR Cuda).

Exhausts are also illegal finishing at the diff as the fumes can be sucked back into the car.

92 is loud & if you build a good engine with solids etc, it will sound great even when it is quiet like this one.......

The idea is to build a car that says "don't mess with me". Foresight's Q will exhibit that in a big way. I have built a lot of fast cars (see my bio), rarely have any been noisy.

You are changing the Eleanor look a little (thank gawd), so that can be one of those changes.

Kerry

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
OK, as far as side pipes being legal, forget it unless the car originally came that way (like a 65 Shelby or 70 AAR Cuda).

Exhausts are also illegal finishing at the diff as the fumes can be sucked back into the car.

92 is loud & if you build a good engine with solids etc, it will sound great even when it is quiet like this one.......

The idea is to build a car that says "don't mess with me". Foresight's Q will exhibit that in a big way. I have built a lot of fast cars (see my bio), rarely have any been noisy.

You are changing the Eleanor look a little (thank gawd), so that can be one of those changes.

that sounds nice! .. well i dunno what you mean by changing the eleanor look. I still want the kit! the color will be different .. but i dont think thats enough change for the "thank gawd" comment hahahaha

well that kinda sux .. the whole point of the build WAS to give it an eleanor look (number plates to match too) .. i think ill just have to do the exhaust so that its hidden to an extent twards the back then but so it doesnt interfer with the rear body kit..

maybe just put fake exhaust tips in the side skirts. To give you an idea .. i want candy apple red (deep in color) with black stripes .. one of the custom paint places i spoke to mentioned theres 2 ways i can go with the color .. one is like a flat look or normal persay and the other he said they paint it silver metallic with flake or something .. then put a candy apple clear over the top and it gives the paint "depth" he showed me the difference on 2 cars they were doing .. and i definately want the latter .. still retained a muscle look but also had that wet look shine which will really compliment the polished wheels and trim.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

i know this is NOT an eleanor kit but it fills out the car just as the eleanor kit would.. id be happy with either kit .. looks like its just the bonnet and side vents and front that are different.. but THIS is what i have wet dreams about.. and ive been stuck on this color scheme for a while now and THIS is the look im after.. and THOSE are the wheels i want. ALWAYS have wanted those wheels..

i noticed this kit has different side skirts .. that ive seen for sale.. see how it only bends closer to the exhaust tip .. whereas other kits ive seen flare out allll the way from the front guard. i personally prefer the one in the pic .. fills out the bottom without being in ur face

This is what im aiming to achieve by the end of the project.. from the outside anyway

now nobody copy my idea! hehe

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

If you are going to "clone" something, why not clone a "real kit car" like a Shelby?

67 Shelby's look the goods, an Eleanor is just a movie car, they have never done anything other than prance around (like Steve in his nighty... Shocked ). I should know as I had a little to do with them (Eleanor's, not Steve in his nighty).

Least the Shelby's won races & have a pedigree.

It would also be a less expensive build.

Kerry

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
If you are going to "clone" something, why not clone a "real kit car" like a Shelby?

67 Shelby's look the goods, an Eleanor is just a movie car, they have never done anything other than prance around (like Steve in his nighty... Shocked ). I should know as I had a little to do with them (Eleanor's, not Steve in his nighty).

cause i want the above pic Sad .. thats what my hearts on.. and thats why i bought the 'stang .. othewise to be honest i wouldnt have. Thats what drove me to get this far was that pic ..

Im not after the movie car.. i just like that body kit and the above pic kit.
i just see it as a body kit and i love how it fills the car, not trying to clone the car at all. If i wanted a movie car id do it pepper grey etc.. etc.. but i dont .. i want it the color ive ALWAYS wanted in my muscle car .. candy apple red with black stripes (since i was 19, nearly did the old XD like that black trim and candy apple red.. lucky i didnt waste my money on that!!!)

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Too late if you dont want anyone stealing your idea, that pic is something what mine will be. There is also another candy red E car in Newcastle. Anything with an Eleanor type look has probably already been done.

Ozbilt, please dont tell everyone about my Nighty. That was supposed to mine, your & our boyfriends little secret. Besides I definatly dont "prance" Smile

George dont worry too much about having something unique, build whatever floats your boat. No point changing something you like just for the sake of being different. Dont mind Ozbilt he truly loves Eleanors deep down. I think Chip Foose made him his biatch once & it still cuts a bit.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote

This idea still has merit if you want something a bit more old school. A GT350 or GT500 clone will still make them moist.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Fair enough, just trying to see what you are aiming for.

The car you pictured, how I would build that.

67 Shelby hood. 68 "R" nose panel from Cobra Automotive... like this one (because you keep the 7" headlamps)...

Flare the fenders in steel, not glass, Shelby side scoops (upper & lower & also not moulded) Shelby trunk lid, 1/4 extensions & tail lamp panel.

Rocker panels, you could be creative now you are not doing the side pipes.

Kerry

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

soc123_au wrote
Too late if you dont want anyone stealing your idea, that pic is something what mine will be. There is also another candy red E car in Newcastle. Anything with an Eleanor type look has probably already been done.

Ozbilt, please dont tell everyone about my Nighty. That was supposed to mine, your & our boyfriends little secret. Besides I definatly dont "prance" Smile

George dont worry too much about having something unique, build whatever floats your boat. No point changing something you like just for the sake of being different. Dont mind Ozbilt he truly loves Eleanors deep down. I think Chip Foose made him his biatch once & it still cuts a bit.

Nighty talk .. hmmmm ... im having that nightmare again!!!

yeah im gunna build that car in the pic well how it looks from the outside..

boy 6pages of thread in 2days and no car yet .. hehehe Very Happy

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Just the wheels on the car you pictured above would set you back about US$1200 to $1500 "each" from PS Engineering (OEM to the movie cars).

Kerry

dalex
Senior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Here you go, $40 from www.mikesdiecast.com/c...oninc.html

[img][/img]

Ò€œMiddle Age - When you want to see how long your car will last instead of how fast it will go.Ò€ .. unknown

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 … 140, 141, 142 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   123abc 

Husky65 

geoff289 

ComingEvents
Tue Dec 25, 2018
Event Christmas Day

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages