Running for President of MOCA NSW

Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

ND69
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Running for President of MOCA NSW

Post by ND69 »

This thread should be locked, there,s just too much waffle and free speech, and ship jumpers,
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ND69 wrote:This thread should be locked, there,s just too much waffle and free speech, and ship jumpers,
Christ, for a moment I thought you said sh1t pumpers.
I was outahere..... :outtahere:
ND69
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ND69 »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey mate those fellas live over near the ricers..
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ND69 wrote::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey mate those fellas live over near the ricers..
OK thanks. I'll take YOUR word for it but a bloke cant be too careful. ;)
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
cage wrote: I have no idea.
Actually your problem is you have too many..... ;)
You are on fire of late :rotfl:
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

nassi wrote:
ND69 wrote:This thread should be locked, there,s just too much waffle and free speech, and ship jumpers,
Christ, for a moment I thought you said sh1t pumpers.
I was outahere..... :outtahere:
:joy: :joy: :joy:
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Morning All,

Not long now till Voting evening, it appears when closely reading the Voting form that all the effort may be in vain.

I have asked for Clarification from the MOCA committee 2 days ago with no response, however it appears after many years with an Executive Committee of 4 and an Ordinary Members of 3 to give a 7 person committee

MOCA without notice have decided to increase the 'number of Ordinary Members to 5. Due to no opposition this would see the status quo of current committee members stay on.

Bit like a Hung Parliament no matter which way you approach it.

One way of making certain the general members choices will be meaningless.

Happy to admit I am wrong if someone senior in MOCA will state the facts?

Cheers
Lance.
Muzz67
Experience is a great school, but the fees come high!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Lance,
my email from Phil says 3 members. When was this changed?
The Executive Committee

Comprises seven positions – President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary plus three Ordinary Committee Members
Surely they can't change this after nominations close?
Otherwise you guys should nominate for those positions too.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:Lance,
my email from Phil says 3 members. When was this changed?
The Executive Committee

Comprises seven positions – President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary plus three Ordinary Committee Members
Surely they can't change this after nominations close?
Otherwise you guys should nominate for those positions too.
Correct. The other positions are "non executive" (Licence Captain/Club Plate Registrar & National Delegate)

So nothing has changed.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Phil MOCA NSW wrote:Lance, apologies for the delay in responding however today has been very busy for me off the computer and since coming on line, dealing with a number of enquiries.

To try and answer you, there has been a bit of a grey area since the new Constitution was introduced in 2012.

We have a “committee” – use the magazine as the template for the committee as that is on public display. As such, the committee is:

President; Vice President; Secretary; Events; Stock; Mag Editor; Web Site Editor; 2 x National Delegates, Licence Captain/Club Plate Registrar; Treasurer; IT Support = 12 in all

Those twelve roles are filled by 9 members (including David Francis who, by way of his death has now created a casual vacancy in the roles he filled).

If we review the minutes of the AGM from 2013, there are 10 Positions summarised which were being filled by 9 members. Sean subsequently resigned and David Francis took on his role.

As a minimum, we require four Office Bearers plus three Ordinary committee members = 7 It can be more Ordinary members and (it seems), with no limits imposed. This year, we have 7 nominees.

The nomination list for the upcoming AGM has been summarised in the email sent to members today.

There remains some vacancies eg IT Support and Magazine Editor. Any vacancies that are in place may then be filled by appointment made by the Committee and not required to be by way of a membership vote. David Lodge has not nominated for the committee however he will continue to do the magazine editor role. We do not see anyone clamouring to argue with him in that regard. Likewise, the IT support role will not be part of the committee – especially so if I remain in that role. The National Delegate roles are two year appointments by the committee but endorsed by the members at the AGM.
Thanks to Phil for this the 1st response, which then me to pose this unanswered question,

"Phil
So do I take it you are going to accept the 7 Nominees or remain with only 3 Ordinary Members?"

Cheers
Lance.
Muzz67
Experience is a great school, but the fees come high!