CPP Sub-Frame Kit

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: CPP Sub-Frame Kit

Post by boofhead »

Agree if staying basically around the stock design he has some good gear. I am running some of his gear in my mustang. He can also cater for some more out there options as well.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
booah
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by booah »

What have you got, I'm looking at getting soon?
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I did not want to leave the basic factory set up unless I did it big time (such as using the DS set up I indicated above). So I am running his 5 leaf rear springs, rear sway bar. Matching front springs. I did not want to go with tubular arms simply because of the engineer report that would be required. I did do the Shelby drop (using Kerry's suggested extra change to increase dynamic caster). If I did it again I would move the top arm back 1/4 inch instead of the 1/8th for extra base static caster.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

I see the DS setup has +8 caster, that's one reason it would be stable, did you end up modifying the strut bars Boof so you could wind some caster in there?
Ronin187
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Ronin187 »

Just got a quote for the CPP kit - very, very reasonable!

The Detroit speed is also awesome, but way above my budget. If I was slinging that kinda cash if just buy a Schwartz chassis. Only $8000 for a rolling chassis.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Shaunp wrote:I see the DS setup has +8 caster, that's one reason it would be stable, did you end up modifying the strut bars Boof so you could wind some caster in there?
Indeed - they have been modified. Kerry help me out with the machining/rolling the threads. When it is rolling again then I workout what is happening with the alignment. As we discussed the other day I am interested in a DIY proposition.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Ronin187 wrote:Just got a quote for the CPP kit - very, very reasonable!

The Detroit speed is also awesome, but way above my budget. If I was slinging that kinda cash if just buy a Schwartz chassis. Only $8000 for a rolling chassis.
Interesting option. Yes the DS set up is pricy - having said that it has the best curves I have seen (assuming what is published is correct - I have no reason to not believe it is so). Also the engineering involved is excellent. A lot of the Mustang II setups worry me a lot in terms of the mounting of top arms appear weak to me and no dynamic caster built in. Any way, lots of options for all budget levels.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

boofhead wrote:
Shaunp wrote:I see the DS setup has +8 caster, that's one reason it would be stable, did you end up modifying the strut bars Boof so you could wind some caster in there?
Indeed - they have been modified. Kerry help me out with the machining/rolling the threads. When it is rolling again then I workout what is happening with the alignment. As we discussed the other day I am interested in a DIY proposition.
We can go 1/2s if you want.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Interesting idea. I will do more research and we can talk about it.