67 engine mounts for Dart block

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 67 engine mounts for Dart block

Post by Shaunp »

The 67 bracket is defiantly different to the rest as are the shape of the center bit of the shock tower from memory. When I was trying to get Astro boys 351 to clear the 65 shock towers with the pipes (JBA) on, I read the instructions and it said to use 66 or 68 on brackets, I thought I'd put my 67 ones on, and they would not fit the car with out modifying the bracket they hit the center brace, so I went and got some 68's at Mustang auto parts and they fitted straight up, they are different, 66 and 68 on are the same but 67 is different for a small block and from memory where they hit the car the shape of the shock tower must be different as well on the center where the mount bolts up. I believe a 68 will fit a 67 but a 67 only fits a 67 as it hits the center of the tower on the others.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

That seems weird as the 67 shock tower (the main part, not the top flange where it meets the fender) is exactly the same as a 68, 9 or 70.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Shaun, can you post a pic of the 67 bracket you have?
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Sure