Mike's 68

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Mike's 68

Post by mikes68 »

mert wrote:I may have a spare OEM pigtail, will check later this week in the box-o-electrical-bits once I get time to tinker with car stuff...
Thanks for the offer Mert... All sorted. I just ended up doing as Boofhead suggested.

Next is to get the wipers and blower working. I was certain the wiper motor was working but not having any joy right now. New AAW Harness, new wiper switch, dodgy foot pedal switch. As per AAW website advice you can simply leave the footswitch disconnected and jumper the black wire with the black/yellow striped wire and it should operate as normal - APPARENTLY NOT on my car...!

Just have a minor issue with the headlights low/high beam and that will be done. Brake and side marker lights not operating. Brakes were previously so gotta check fuses, earths etc...

Windscreen is in!
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Sounds like a wiring diagram and test light/ multimeter is on the cards!
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

hybrid wrote:Sounds like a wiring diagram and test light/ multimeter is on the cards!
Both my test light and multimeter are questionable so time for a trip to Superdump...

Here is my list of things to do although some are not required for rego inspection and they will be lowest priority...

[ ] RH door lock alignment
[ ] LH door locÄ· connector
[ ] Install door armrests
[ ] Fit nuts to dash trim
[ ] Install radio
[ ] Door seals
[ ] Refurbish/cover convertible top
[ ] Split pins on steering
[ ] Wipe down oil leaks
[ ] Flush coolant
[ ] Tyres and rims
[ ] Wheel alignment
[ ] Adjust headlights
[ ] Marker lights
[ ] Install Interior qtr panels
[ ] Re-cover rear seat base
[ ] Passenger seat
[ ] Cross member
[ ] Kick down cable
[ ] Fog lights
[ ] Wipers
[ ] Blower
[ ] Brake lights

Repaint red to please jacko
Fifty Years Afloat

trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by trav68 »

I have a quality Fluke meter you can borrow for a bit but I am a bit tied up with engineering work at the moment....
mert
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mert »

If you have any questions about the top, let me know. I've got extensive knowledge and experience with them. Some spare parts too, most of the top frame parts are not reproduced and sold separately...

Also if you need odds-and-ends nuts, bolts etc. I have lots of "spare" AMK kits and individual fasteners, mostly collected from '68s over the past 20+ years... if you are short a few may be able to source them for you.
8R01S
8R03S-GT
8F01X -EXP500 Repli-bute
8R01C-Cal Special
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

mikes68 wrote:
hybrid wrote:Sounds like a wiring diagram and test light/ multimeter is on the cards!
Both my test light and multimeter are questionable so time for a trip to Superdump...

Here is my list of things to do although some are not required for rego inspection and they will be lowest priority...

[ ] RH door lock alignment
[ ] LH door locÄ· connector
[ ] Install door armrests
[ ] Fit nuts to dash trim
[ ] Install radio
[ ] Door seals
[ ] Refurbish/cover convertible top
[ ] Split pins on steering
[ ] Wipe down oil leaks
[ ] Flush coolant
[ ] Tyres and rims
[ ] Wheel alignment
[ ] Adjust headlights
[ ] Marker lights
[ ] Install Interior qtr panels
[ ] Re-cover rear seat base
[ ] Passenger seat
[ ] Cross member
[ ] Kick down cable
[ ] Fog lights
[ ] Wipers
[ ] Blower
[ ] Brake lights
Don't worry about the blower Mike - you can rake the leaves anytime ;)

Cheers

J
Last edited by Astro on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Don't be silly Astro, he's clearly talking about a supercharger.
Great idea Mike... get it out of the way early.
Last edited by hybrid on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I like the last item on Mike's list ........ :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

ozbilt wrote:I like the last item on Mike's list ........ :rotfl:
They are over rated..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

ozbilt wrote:I like the last item on Mike's list ........ :rotfl:
:open_mouth: I can't believe that YOU Kerry, a respected and revered, honest, hard working senior member of this elite club has gone and used your administrative privileges to hack my entry!!!

:furious: :coat:

Im OUTA HERE!!!
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Okay, so I'm back again... Just kidding of course just in case anyone didn't get my faux rage...
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

mert wrote:If you have any questions about the top, let me know. I've got extensive knowledge and experience with them. Some spare parts too, most of the top frame parts are not reproduced and sold separately...

Also if you need odds-and-ends nuts, bolts etc. I have lots of "spare" AMK kits and individual fasteners, mostly collected from '68s over the past 20+ years... if you are short a few may be able to source them for you.
Thanks Richard... I might just take you up on it. I am going to go for rego before most of those items on the list as they are not essential for rego - the top being one of them!
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

trav68 wrote:I have a quality Fluke meter you can borrow for a bit but I am a bit tied up with engineering work at the moment....
Thanks Trav, I should have dropped by on the way home from Craig's this evening IN MY MUSTANG!!! :backflip:

Yes folks, you heard it right...whilst I have hit the road a few times over the last few weeks it has only been up and down my local street to test steering, brakes, engine etc and I have been very gentle (for the most part :smiling_imp: ) but TODAY WAS A DIFFERENT STORY :cheer: :backflip: :bananadance:

I got a 48 hr Temporary Movement Permit with the aim of dropping in on Exhausted at his workshop. It ran a treat over there and didn't miss a beat. Unfortunately a simple phone call or message to Peter and I would have known he is not there this week... Oops!

So I dropped in on Craig instead as he is "on the way home" and hung out for a couple of hours talking shit about, well, you know... Mustang stuff!

Headed home and the only failure was the speedo which was working fine then just stopped so will check out each end and see what's what.

It sounds nice although I might open up the pipes from the mufflers after rego to 2 1/2" all the way through as it currently choked down to 2 1/4" out the back.

The headlights I discovered are pointing every which way so a serious adjustment is required there.

Braking is fantastic, power and take off are great although a minor cough if you just put the foot straight into it, steering is fantastic with my original PS pump doing an awesome job AND nice and quiet...!

I have bolted in the radio although not hooked up and placed all the dash bezels and instrument cluster into place. All the wiring is tucked up out of view and for all intents... it actually looks just about done!

To say I am happy is a TOTAL understatement... I am over the fucking moon that I have got this far. It is so close to rego :backflip:
Last edited by mikes68 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fifty Years Afloat

Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

mikes68 wrote:
trav68 wrote: Headed home and the only failure was the speedo which was working fine then just stopped so will check out each end and see what's what.
If your speedo is anything like the 69s you need to push the speedo cable pretty hard into the cluster until you hear a click or else it will just pop out again.
Last edited by Foresight on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

It would be about right too. I take a day off and you take your car out to subi. Craigs place is just around the corner from work and i would have almost walked past it if i was getting sushi for lunch today...

My work is on Forrest Street. If you take it out again and find out pete isnt in tomorrow cause you didnt know and still have that 48hr permit... swing past subi again...
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...