Applying pressure pak paints (rainbow industries)

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Applying pressure pak paints (rainbow industries)

Post by MustangMedic »

Fellas,

After a number of years and finally enough time, I finally removed my dash to replace some globes, add the cardboard tubes, I didn't realise I needed to when I replaced the facia panel, and apply a metric speedo overlay. So to the point I suppose....I have had a flaked and cracked area of paint below the dash and above and around the column tube, so I rubbed this back today, with varying sizes of "wet n dry", applied some primer undercoat...note pressure pak.
How many coats of acrylic top coat are required to ensure an adequate finish.

If I do the doors....and they need it below the window line, do I...... use steel wool and prepsol and apply a primer undercoat or what should I be looking to do, without damaging the door texture.

Cheers,
Ash.
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Applying pressure pak paints (rainbow industries)

Post by Shaunp »

Use scotchbrite on the doors and don't use too much paint to fill up the grain, be sparing with the primer, Thiners will strip the doors but takes some time.
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Shaun,
What your saying is, give the affected areas, a number of wipes with the thinners prior to an undercoat, and just a very light application of primer. OK, so when applying the top coats, I just need to make sure I don't start to loose the texture.

Cheers,
Ash
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Remember there's nearly 50 years of grubby fingerprints on these panels. I generally use sugar soap to initially clean up all the surfaces then prepsol, sand, more prepsol, then paint. Thinners will soften the old paint, probably not a good idea unless you're going to remove the paint.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic