Moderator: Moderators

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: hydraulic upgrade

Post by nassi »

Husky65 wrote:
nassi wrote:
123abc wrote:I have a lhd with a t5 and a diaphragm type clutch just find the cable heavy and with my headers and power steering along with the clevo theres not much choice for routing the cable
Which T5 do you have?
I would like to fit a LHD bell housing to my T5 ( AU XR8), so I am hoping you can tell me what your bell housing is from.
cheers
Just remember the xr8 t5's had a shorter input shaft than the us t5's, and the xr6's had a longer input shaft. So you either have to get the input shaft changed if you want to use the mustang bellhousing, or you can get one from dellows but they are pretty expensive and can come with their own dramas
Thanks mate, that is exactly what I needed to know.
cheers
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: hydraulic upgrade

Post by Husky65 »

nassi wrote:
Husky65 wrote:
nassi wrote: Which T5 do you have?
I would like to fit a LHD bell housing to my T5 ( AU XR8), so I am hoping you can tell me what your bell housing is from.
cheers
Just remember the xr8 t5's had a shorter input shaft than the us t5's, and the xr6's had a longer input shaft. So you either have to get the input shaft changed if you want to use the mustang bellhousing, or you can get one from dellows but they are pretty expensive and can come with their own dramas
Thanks mate, that is exactly what I needed to know.
cheers
Sorry I had it the wrong way around. Local v8's have a longer input shaft I believe, and 6's have the shorter shaft. I have an au xr6 t5 that I needed a lhd windsor bellhousing for, and got one from dellows. Had a little bit of grinding to do to fit the starter motor, but all in all I guess it wasn't too bad. Image