Base for a new project

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Base for a new project

Post by cage »

Hard to comment Husky to be honest. It looks OK in the pics but you would seriously need to have a solid look at it with someone who knows what they are talking about with E cars. They can be a bitch. I would make contact with gbx78. He is a top bloke and can fill you in first hand with E cars. Pm him if you have not made contact yet.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Yeah I hear you. Regardless of the kit, even if the body was good that is cheaper than most 68's I can find anywhere. I really need to go see it and take some pics
Last edited by Husky65 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Just relooked at the link. The eBay advert itself does not fill me with confidence. Small amount of pics and very vague description.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

cage wrote:Just relooked at the link. The eBay advert itself does not fill me with confidence. Small amount of pics and very vague description.
looks like a quick backyard install. that kit isn't on properly (some pieces look ok because its one piece) but others not on properly and would need to be pulled off i would imagine. Kerry is the plastics/FG expert (no joking) and can advise more on whats involved. Be prepared to spend more on that to be right for paint and you dont know if its straight which if it isnt means the kit is installed crooked to match the car. Id feel more comfortable finding a nice honest fastback (complete or rolling shell) and go from there if its a keeper and you want something special. An eleanor could pop up now and then if you just want to drive one and then sell it later.

you can most definitely tell the difference between someone who just wants the look of an eleanor to the public in their garage to a car thats something special and looks the goods. So far the last few owners of "eleanors" didnt even know what size engine their car had or even know how to pick up a tool (always at the mechanics for some reason). They look cheap and nasty yet sellers seem to think they attract a BIG price. Polished turds essentially.

you know whats cool, a restomod, relatively badge less, unique colour and a set of 18's, sleek with a mean engine.

someone posted this a while back.. looks totally cool. definitely guarantee to get you into eurotrash foam parties!

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

gbx78 wrote:
cage wrote:Just relooked at the link. The eBay advert itself does not fill me with confidence. Small amount of pics and very vague description.
you know whats cool, a restomod, relatively badge less, unique colour and a set of 18's, sleek with a mean engine.
Sounds familiar, maybe with some staggered 19" on the back.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:If you are going to hack it up for coyote why not buy a 1/2 solid Coupe there are a couple on ebay etc for less then 10k and replace 1/4s, top etc etc. Conversely if you are going to use a modern engine you could probably do it with a new shell, emissions is the biggest deal getting them complied. That Coshy on the moring show has Dyna corn 67 I think that mob at the gold coast built for him and it has an LS engine in it so then didnt have to cut the towers out of it.
The conversion from a hardtop to fastback would be more than buying a half decent car.

I believe Koshi's car has the LS engine because that was the only way to make it comply with the latest emission regs (the only way you can "legally" register a new shell, so it had to comply with the year it was completed).
Thats right and you dont have to cut the towers outs with a chev in it so its easier and cheaper thats why they did it, I recall him talking about the car on tv one day, he was laughing that it had a chev engine to fit a modular or coyote needs a Mustang 2 type front end. I guess putting a chev in a 67 is no different to putting one in a Model A or 32 , its just Hot rodding right. A Mate has not long done a GT40 replica it has a crate LS as well.
You all would know more than me about the car, I only have seen & heard on the net. I do not watch TV, hate it.

That hardtop to fastback conversion you linked would be spendy, couple of guys & probably 80 - 100 hours each to get it to the paint shop. So easily 20 - 25 K just in labour before buying & importing the parts. You still end up with a car with a hardtop VIN.
Yeah true, considering Woody was gettin an FB body to his shop for less than 20K and its new, in a crate why stuff around with a coupe conversion., I just cant bring myself to hack up a real FB, to make an E car or fit a coyote to. 10-15 years time, they'll just be another custom. I must be getting old. My daughter reckons I'm a grumpy old man.
Last edited by Shaunp on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

gbx78 wrote:

someone posted this a while back.. looks totally cool. definitely guarantee to get you into eurotrash foam parties!

That would be mine, it Kinda stalled way back a few years at this stage along with the fastback. ?
But i do have the WILDSTANG numberplates.......? One Day

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Some thing like this

I will someday think of something clever to say.
arhenry11
Suspended
Suspended

Post by arhenry11 »

Got any update with your build project?
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Yeah in the build forums. The next build has been put on the back burner for a while.