Tim's 65 vert (Caroline)

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Tim's 65 vert (Caroline)

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
boofhead wrote:I love my locker. I admit though that it is not for everyone.
I love it too. Tells the doof doof boys to leave me alone ...... ?
So will a 363 . I reckon Woody used that cam cause its a steel core off the shelf and will give a moderate muscle car idle which is what most people want.
????

I was making comment on the locker, not the other end of the car ........ :lol:
I meant a 363 will also tell the skider boys to keep away, like the locker,
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

I think the tru trac I have installed is probably functioning correctly I would just like to be able to do the test they describe before test driving it. Not a big concern really. Seeing as I did the diff rebuild there is probably something else in there that will brake before the tru trac. :$

Just putting another photo up so I have a reference in case I lose the info of the springs I put in the dizzy

Light blue and light silver and the black stop bushing. Spring combo "E". Total timing of 32 degrees, therefore 14 degrees initial.

Just need to order a gear and a clamp and it is ready to install.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Good stuff. Getting the timing set up is important.

So when does the engine go into its home?
I will someday think of something clever to say.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

boofhead wrote:Good stuff. Getting the timing set up is important.

So when does the engine go into its home?
Long answer

I hope this year. Over Easter the plan is to have the body ready for colour. Then I will probably have to bring the car back to Geelong and hire a booth and find someone willing to help me lay down the colour over a day or two. After the color is on I would like to be able to store the car back at home so I can just step into the garage and do bits and pieces anytime I want. At the moment it the car is 45mins away and it just makes organizing time to work on it that much harder. Before the car will fit back in the garage though there are several hundred pairs of womens shoes (old stock from my wife's business) that need to be either sold, given away or burnt in an almighty fire so I can just walk in there to get it organized for the cars return :argh: I could take the engine down to the car now and drop it in but it only makes the car that much heavier to push around for paint.

Short answer

Soon........ish
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"