Two post hoist?

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Two post hoist?

Post by unilec5544 »

Looking into buying a 2 post hoist, getting very tired of lying on my back under the car. I remember a couple of years ago someone on the forum was importing hoists from China, are these still being brought in and do they have to meet Australian specs?

Thanks, Neil.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Two post hoist?

Post by hybrid »

Steve was bringing them in at one stage. Have not heard anything lately.

https://www.joelsgaragegear.com.au/prod ... ve-hoists/

Shame they all say out of stock :lol:
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Yeah, seems they are out of stock of everything. Problem with buying from eastern states is shipping costs, you can add $500 to $600 to the cost of the hoist. I will look into what's available here in Perth.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

If buying a 2 post, look for a clear floor type. All the hydraulics and cable run overhead and not on the floor where you end up with a speed hump in the middle of the lift.

Downside is you need more overhead space in your shed.
Last edited by ozbilt on Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

ozbilt wrote:If buying a 2 post, look for a clear floor type. All the hydraulics and cable run overhead and not on the floor where you end up with a speed hump in the middle of the lift.

Downside is you need more overhead space in your shed.
Yeah, that's the problem I have even though I opted for a shed with a higher roof, it still will not take the height of the clear floor. The Question I have now is to go hydraulic or screw type.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Hydraulic. They are so reliable now days. Mine is 21 years old and been in use in my shop in California and now in Duggo. Other than greasing the slides, I have not touched it.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

ozbilt wrote:Hydraulic. They are so reliable now days. Mine is 21 years old and been in use in my shop in California and now in Duggo. Other than greasing the slides, I have not touched it.
Hydraulic it is. :thumbs:
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

We are out of stock at the moment, but if there was enough interest in WA it could be arranged to send a load directly there. I know Mike68 was considering it at one stage. He has been to the factory there with us a few years ago.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

soc123_au wrote:We are out of stock at the moment, but if there was enough interest in WA it could be arranged to send a load directly there. I know Mike68 was considering it at one stage. He has been to the factory there with us a few years ago.
Yeah, not sure who else would be interested, probably looking to get one in the next month or so, but if there is interest in Perth, maybe guys should let this forum know and i don't mind waiting.
Last edited by unilec5544 on Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.