rhd steering conversion

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Borgche
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: rhd steering conversion

Post by Borgche »

Also if you need to get all the suspension components anyway as you have a 6. I'd consider putting in 67 shock towers and install the 68 and later suspension you will end up with more room in the engine bay. Wish I did that from the start.
1965 Fastback A code

I am Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Remember folks, it is getting a late model Falcon 6, so the front end mods (inc firewall) will be extensive. However jbb is more than capable of changing whatever is necessary to get everything in there.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I don't know if it is the same with TCP but when you install an RRS rack you basically need the whole front suspension setup (Struts, spindles, etc) as you will ruin your turning circle using stock spindles.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

lukep6470 wrote:I don't know if it is the same with TCP but when you install an RRS rack you basically need the whole front suspension setup (Struts, spindles, etc) as you will ruin your turning circle using stock spindles.
TCP turning circle is close to stock, but still reduced. Most owners do not even notice. Always the issue with a rear steer rack.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet