XY Shaker Bonnet trim interchangeable on 69/70?

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Chux
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

XY Shaker Bonnet trim interchangeable on 69/70?

Post by Chux »

Not sure if anyone has had a chance to compare side by side.

The XY bonnet shaker trim ring for a shaker looks in the pics the same as a 69/70 mustang shaker hood trim.
The XY version is buckets load cheaper than a Mustang version - anyone know if they are interchangeable as I would love to go from the non functioning hood scoop to the shaker ram air.
Cheers

Craig
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: XY Shaker Bonnet trim interchangeable on 69/70?

Post by Shaunp »

Chux wrote:Not sure if anyone has had a chance to compare side by side.

The XY bonnet shaker trim ring for a shaker looks in the pics the same as a 69/70 mustang shaker hood trim.
The XY version is buckets load cheaper than a Mustang version - anyone know if they are interchangeable as I would love to go from the non functioning hood scoop to the shaker ram air.
69ish put a shaker on his a while back he will know. Though had to modify it some due the RPM intake put on his engine when I built it.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Chux wrote:Not sure if anyone has had a chance to compare side by side.

Both entirely different shapes. Google Image Search "xy falcon bonnet" and in another page, "70 mustang hood". You will immediately see the difference.

69/70 Mustang hoods are similar shape to an XA Falcon bonnet, so no guessing where the styling comes from.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
JET-445
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by JET-445 »

If you buy a shaker trim ring try to look at it in person first, the one I got was from Scott Drake and it was crap, it looked like it was made by some kid in Bangladesh so beware, and yes XY completely different.