Nuts Goes SImple EFI

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Nuts Goes SImple EFI

Post by Nuts »

ACTstanglover wrote:So i shouldn't ask about EFI upgrade for Buttercup then
Be my guest, ask away. Install cost will be around $500. If you want it to run, tuning will cost $1M.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Do you want a copy of my AFR table so you can compare?
Around 13.5 is pretty normal at idle. Mine certainly behaves better at idle a bit on the rich side.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Nassi, Piss Off. At least it does what I wanted. It starts on a frosty Canberra morning and is instantly driveable. Just need to get my head around all this technical shit.

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Nuts wrote:Nassi, Piss Off. At least it does what I wanted. It starts on a frosty Canberra morning and is instantly driveable. Just need to get my head around all this technical shit.
OK mate, as long as your happy. ?
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

hybrid wrote:Do you want a copy of my AFR table so you can compare?
Around 13.5 is pretty normal at idle. Mine certainly behaves better at idle a bit on the rich side.
Thanks for the offer Jeff. At this stage i'll do a bit of research first to understand what i'm looking at. I've deliberately avoided getting involved in EFI until now but it looks like they're all going to jump on the bandwagon down here so need to step up.. Shit, I only just go a smart arse phone and can't understand that yet. Unfortunately there is still lots of other jobs taking a lot of time here. Been flat out since March.

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Been a while since the install. The system hasn't missed a beat and runs better than I really expected. I have a walbro pump to replace the FCC because it's huge and just looks ugly. My controller failed and I rang Fitech and they shipped a replacement to me no problems. However the car has been running so well it really didn't need my intervention. Need to find the time to install the pump and play with the tune and see or feel the changes. Where does the year go. Still have to rebuild the 347, install the 3.5 rear and the beefed up AOD. Too many mustangs to fix getting in the way. Just being able to hop in turn the key and drive is worth the dollars. Up yours Winter!!