Mustang parts suppliers

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

mitchep
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Re: Mustang parts suppliers

Post by mitchep »

Has anyone shipped anything after July 1 yet? Some seem to believe they won't stop packages as they have no way collecting the GST off non Australian registered business's.

Looks like CJ pony parts are collecting it though, as I did a test and they now charge 10% tax which they never did before. Might order something small and see what happens

The options are the shipping services that offer US address's(ship2you.com/, www.shipito.com etc.), Australia post(shopmate) have one but are quite expensive.
Charbel
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Charbel »

Keep in mind that foreign businesses are only required to register if they sell greater than 75k to Aus. I have bought some stuff recently which didn't get held up by suppliers in the US that didnt charge GST but kind of impossible to know if there is a grace period or if the supplier sells less than 75k.

Also worth noting that if you are a ABN holder registered from GST you can provide your ABN details and state you are registered for GST in Australia, the foreign supplier can add this to your parcel and it will get let through.

Charlie
C&M Engineering
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Waiting on a shipment from Summit, which is supposed to turn up today, they used I-parcel which collects the GST,
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

Called and spoke to the owner of one of the local suppliers listed by the OP on Monday - was told that he needed to check on a couple of things, didn’t hear back so called again and had to leave a message for him.
Two days later still no return call from him - online to CJ’s, should be here in a week or so.
Still worth paying a higher price to get SOME service...

Cheers

JD
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Summit order showed up no trouble, still cheap enough, and you can get what you need. Blocks, heads and forged cranks are still on par to buy local.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Astro wrote:Called and spoke to the owner of one of the local suppliers listed by the OP on Monday - was told that he needed to check on a couple of things, didn’t hear back so called again and had to leave a message for him.
Two days later still no return call from him - online to CJ’s, should be here in a week or so.
Still worth paying a higher price to get SOME service...

Cheers

JD
What no ashtray frame either...?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »