Project Blue

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Project Blue

Post by Shaunp »

wonder why it broke did the cam have too much lift?
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

lukep6470 wrote:Did I just see it on a certain auction site?

I have the under car one. Works really well.
Advertised on the Aussie Mustang Owners Group on FB and had a call immediately I posted it on Evil Bay.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Shaunp wrote:wonder why it broke did the cam have too much lift?
I don't think so Shaunp. I'm using a TFS 51402001. Got hold of a few of these advertised as an idea blower cam. They really wake up the 5.0. Installed a few and my engine is the only one with issues. Max advertised Lift is around .563 If I could get Postimage to work again I'd post the specs. Can't post pics again today??? Not even an avatar..

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Thanks for pointing that out Oz. I meant I can't post an avatar size pic. Can't repost any pics i posted yesterday. Postimage indicates that the image has been uploaded but does not show the url.

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Here it is Shaunp

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Nah should be fine, I run them with 600, 69ish's Mach 1 has run no trouble for 3+ years and he drives the wheels off it and often has it at the drags, he did break a lifter but thats it. The hold down really doesn't move,unless the dog bone gets stuck on the lifter, If your springs weren't good enough for the cam and you floated the valve train that may do it.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I went back through this thread and noticed you replaced the RRS shock inserts. Did it solve the crash bang over bumps? What shock did you replace the adjustable ones with?

Also if your break pedal is still spongey I adjusted up the handbrake cable a bit and that fixed my spongey pedal a LOT.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

lukep6470 wrote:I went back through this thread and noticed you replaced the RRS shock inserts. Did it solve the crash bang over bumps? What shock did you replace the adjustable ones with?

Also if your break pedal is still spongey I adjusted up the handbrake cable a bit and that fixed my spongey pedal a LOT.
I upgraded to adjustable shocks. Didn't help a bit. Even made it worse. Went down two sizes in springs and it's sorted. Originally I was supplied with the wrong springs based on RRS's advice. Go figure!!

Brake pedal sponginess was sorted by using the correct pedal and booster combo. They are now excellent.

chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

Still got the vinyl wrap on the back ?
Hows it holding up ?
I smell oranges !

Michael
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

No Michael, it didn't stand up to a little fuel leaking past the cap. Ended up painting it satin black.

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Now that I've worked out a way to post pics i'll continue with the upgrades.

With The Fitech FCC gone, I need to replace the fuel feed. I'm going to run a Walbro 255 pump at the rear with a 30 micron filter on the inlet. I was going to install a surge tank with twin pumps that I secured from JBB but because of the 4 link rear, room is an issue. I'm not into big HP just adequate power so this will work for me. It's about an inch away from the panhard.

Also gone is the Ford C2 power steering pump, being replaced with an electric unit from an Opel Astra. They are a bit bigger than I thought and will not fit behind the slash guard which was my original intention. Now it sits on the left front apron where the FCC was. It covers the holes nice.. These can draw more current than fans & headlights together so I have upgraded my wiring to suit.
Imageimages upload

I'm also upgrading the AOD with some heavy duty bits and some small changes to the VB to firm up the shifts. The 3.5 rear will stay, thought about a 3.7 though...
Last edited by Nuts on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

And this is the 5.0 that powered Blue for the last 5 years. It's been give a fresh up and will now reside in a sweet 65 down Wodonga way.

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Nuts, don't those pumps draw something like 80 amps on full lock?
And is yours set up to run flat out all the time or is there some sort of controller there?
Reason i ask is that I was looking into that for the F100 down the track.
Last edited by nassi on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

About 30 amps on full lock and they are self regulating is what I'm led to believe. I recently saw one filled to an early falcon and the owner had no issues. We'll see. Let you know in a couple of weeks. Haven't chucked the old pump.....yet