These windscreens any good?

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

mungus
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

These windscreens any good?

Post by mungus »

Anyone tried one of the front windscreens from Auto Glass Warehouse in Brisbane?

https://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/f ... een-glass/

They are a far bit cheaper than my local auto glass shop or local Mustang parts shops, ($165 AUD).
So I'm just wondering if they are OK or something dodgy...

Thanks.
Last edited by mungus on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy old git! 68’ S code Fastback
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: These windscreens any good?

Post by ozbilt »

Front screens are available in most capital cities. The other glass listed is available in Sydney, Brisbane and assume Melbourne. However, the correct etching on the side glass is extra.

From my experience, etching with "correct" Sunex and dates is not available on front glass.

As for price, I would rather see the item first and pay the extra, than have it wrong when it arrives (hopefully in one piece).

Reality, the price difference should not amount to much when in comparison to the cost of building the car.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

I sell a lot of glass but can only go back as far as 71 for a mustang, try to find out the thickness of the screen, the cheaper they are the thinner the glass usually..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

I bought the front screen and the 7 piece kit from them. You have to pick up the front screen and rest is delivered. All fitted well, the screen guy said the front and rear was a great fit and had the correct etching on them..
66 basket case
mungus
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by mungus »

OK thanks everyone. They haven't replied to an eBay message I sent them but I may call and ask about the etching and thickness.
Grumpy old git! 68’ S code Fastback