BLKPNY

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

BLKPNY

Post by blkpny »

I just thought I'd quickly write up some details on my car, for those that havn't read it elsewhere.

I bought my 66 coupe in 2005, sight unseen, inspected by an agent of a Melbourne importer. I was looking for a modified car, not a clean stocky, which annoyed my inspector, who didn't really give me a good inspection.
My car was meant to have a 393 stroker, World heads, built C4, good convertor and regeared lsd rear end. I asked the inspector (obviosly he can't check stroke etc) if it felt like it had 400 - 500hp, and he thought it did...
When it landed, I was surprised at how slow it was, and how stock the heads looked.... It was a mild 351w, with stock driveline!!

I since built a 418ci stroker with steel crank and H beam rods, and arias pistons, with Edelbrock Victor Jr heads, Super Victor maniold, mild solid roller cam, Holley 950HP and ICE Boost Retard ignition. The original intention was to run 200 - 300hp of bottle thru it, and runs 9's, but I've since settled down a little, and pulled the gas out of it. I also have a 6/71 with twin Dominator carbs, which might find it's way on at some stage.

We resprayed it a couple years ago, and have since been caught in the massive hailstorm of last year, so it might be going back!
We put a C9 trans in it, capable of 1000hp, and a TCE 4500 convertor (actual stall speed is 4300). We have a new 9', with 31sp alloy axles and a 3.5 diff center from my F150, that we threw a spool into, for the short term.
We fitted 67 4 spot calipers on the front, and ED Falcon discs on the back. We run a Boosted dual circuit master, with an adjustable proportioning valve.

It drives pretty good, with 145's on 4" Convo's on the front, and 255/60-15 Mickey Thompson Street Radials on the rear, on 8.5" Convo's, with 3 3/8BS. we shortened the diff 1" per side, to get deep dish rims on.
After throwing the tailshaft on the dyno, we built a 3" thickwall shaft, with 1350 unis, and forged yokes at each end.
I always thought it was pretty quick, but nothing exceptional, but my brother and his mates talked me into taking it to Calder for the Mustang meet last year. First run it went 11.15! We got it down to 11.1, and have been running it at every meet there since!
We havn't beaten that time though, due to a few things, trying shorter tyres (so it revs harder) and without the carby spacer, but both things made it slower.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: BLKPNY

Post by blkpny »

We are racing it this weekend, so I have been playing with it, to try and get a little more consistancy out of it. (Bracket racing is all about consistancy, not just being quick).
I fitted a TCP throttle linkage, which has HEAPS less slop in it, and fitted a Export Brace, (prick of a job, at home!).
I fitted a 67 Big Block radiator a while ago, just bolted to the rad support, but will be mounting it with either 67 or 68 mounts after the weekend.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Mustangs are Addictive!
65 Coupe Project
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

saw the engine bay shots on the other side ,the rest of it's boody nice too glad its you not me washing it though. oh have tuned no 1 son about dvd think the wife will mail you the original,I think I was cutting into his game time lol
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Pete

I was looking for that EXACT same quote last night

....."Anyone can restore a Classic, but it takes a real Man to cut one up"

Saw it about 4 months ago at car show over here and took a photo of it.

How true
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

PS. your avatar isnt working
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Matt a mate of mine (RIP) had that on a tee-shirt 20 plus years ago, has been a motto of mine ever since (amongst numerous others)never a truer word spoken..lol
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

I love the 3rd pic there blkpny, looks schmick!! :)
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Yeah!! Oh so close!! I only leave the line at 1500rpm, so it doesn't launch real hard, with only a 4300rpm convertor.
Mustangs are Addictive!
65 Coupe Project
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Hey Shermatt, did you put up a naughty one? :poke: