Should I convert to RHD

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Should I convert to RHD

Post by Shaunp »

Mustang 2 stuff seems like a lot of work to me, and I'm not sure how the body will take it long term. Stick with the original front end, and if you want to convert to RHD make sure it's done by some one who will get it correct. It's not a simple job, it time consuming which is why it costs money, drag link xrays are expensive. but not as expensive as an rrs or tcp rack. Mustang 2 stuff kind of negates the argument that they are worth more LHD ie stock. A car is original and stock or it's not. Different buyers for different cars
66nag
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 66nag »

AAGGHH!!!
Just spent 30mins compling a reply to find that "the web page expired", hence lost the lot....ho -hum...(that'yll learn me for taking so long to reply!!!)
So in a nutshell.....
Go the LHD!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :headbang: :headbang:
Shayne93
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Shayne93 »

Shaunp wrote:Mustang 2 stuff seems like a lot of work to me, and I'm not sure how the body will take it long term. Stick with the original front end, and if you want to convert to RHD make sure it's done by some one who will get it correct. It's not a simple job, it time consuming which is why it costs money, drag link xrays are expensive. but not as expensive as an rrs or tcp rack. Mustang 2 stuff kind of negates the argument that they are worth more LHD ie stock. A car is original and stock or it's not. Different buyers for different cars
I'm not building it to sell it, its pretty much for me and the old man.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Shayne93 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:Mustang 2 stuff seems like a lot of work to me, and I'm not sure how the body will take it long term. Stick with the original front end, and if you want to convert to RHD make sure it's done by some one who will get it correct. It's not a simple job, it time consuming which is why it costs money, drag link xrays are expensive. but not as expensive as an rrs or tcp rack. Mustang 2 stuff kind of negates the argument that they are worth more LHD ie stock. A car is original and stock or it's not. Different buyers for different cars
I'm not building it to sell it, its pretty much for me and the old man.
So then if you want it RHD build it that way,That's why my cars is converted. But I'd stay away from the Mustang 2 stuff personally
mjb0015
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by mjb0015 »

Its a personal choice, my Mach1 is LHD and I love driving it, took a little while to stop from driving in the gutter, but is all good now.

mark
Hanging around... and around
GT350H
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by GT350H »

Agree, its a personal thing. Ive had a RHD 56 Chev and a LHD 66 Mustang. I
My current Mustang will remain LHD for now ( or at least until legislation forces my hand to convert to RHD ).

I cant say that one was better than the other, but the RHD felt safer.