Mustang Book

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Mustang Book

Post by Cruzn65 »

I saw a Mustang book which I have purchased secondhand and first impressions are good.

"Collectors Originality Guide - Mustang 1964.5 - 1966" by Colin Date

Collector's Originality Guide Mustang 1964-1/2-1966 synopsis
Collector's Originality Guide: Mustang 1964 1/2-1966 is the definitive guide to one of the greatest cars in American history: The Ford Mustang. Launched to tremendous acclaim in the mid-1960s, this sporty car was an instant hit with buyers selling tens of thousands of units in its first months of production and launching an iconic Ford nameplate that continues on to this day. Naturally, the Mustang car became an instant classic, and has been a favorite among collectors and restorers for decades.In this paperback reissue of the highly popular hardcover book, author and photographer Colin Date walks through all of the details of the first-generation Mustang's 2 1/2-year production run, providing collectors with everything they need to know to identify, classify, and restore these iconic cars. Filled with gorgeous color photography, this book has been and continues to be a must-have for all Ford Mustang fans

here is a link
http://www.borders.com.au/book/collecto ... 6/6779286/

:cheers:
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mustang Book

Post by ozbilt »

Yep good book. That is the second printing.

Go to the 66 section & the red 6cyl convertible, license plate # WAA590 is one I built. Brett still owns that car. I also built him a Mk2 Cortina that had an MX5 Mazda drivetrain, neat car that was featured in Classic Fords (a UK mag).

The 65 Shelby, license plate # SWT821 is the late Tony Sousa's car (now in the Peterson Museum I believe) & it was that car that we played in on the Mustangs Across America back in 94. Tony was generous enough to not only let me drive it (with my daughter as passenger, while he rode in another car) but handed the keys to a then 19 year old boy to drive for the morning (Sean AKA BossKraft). A truly generous guy & missed in the Shelby world.
Last edited by ozbilt on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

ozbilt wrote:Yep good book. That is the second printing.

Go to the 66 section & the red 6cyl convertible, license plate # WAA590 is one I built. Brett still owns that car. I also built him a Mk2 Cortina that had an MX5 Mazda drivetrain, neat car that was featured in Classic Fords (a UK mag).

The 65 Shelby, license plate # SWT821 is the late Tony Sousa's car (now in the Peterson Museum I believe) & it was that car that we played in on the Mustangs Across America back in 94. Tony was generous enough to not only let me drive it (with my daughter as passenger, while he rode in another car) but handed the keys to a then 19 year old boy to drive for the morning (Sean AKA BossKraft). A truly generous guy & missed in the Shelby world.
thats truely amazing thankyou for shareing that kerry! :Clap:
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

My sister bought me that book for xmas last year :mrgreen:
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Fathers day is up shortly, I can see my request now, problem solved.
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
Kosa
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Kosa »

got it. great book. didnt know about the red vert kerry, ill have to have another look-see :thumbs:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

MustangMedic wrote:Fathers day is up shortly, I can see my request now, problem solved.
+1
Was asked last night what I wanted for fathers days. Problem solved :)