The Horse with no name.

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

The Horse with no name.

Post by donoauto »

A few pics of a '67 coupe that's been in the making for the last 12 months. I'll be doing the wiring & A/C when it's my turn.
Here's where it's up to now. 347, off it's face. Note the sexy power steering pump/fuel pump assembly on the bottom left of front of motor - SEX! Plenty of drool factor going into this expensive build. Watched the body job (over the last year) from media blasting , through many new panel , to primer as you see it today. Trust me , absolutely no corners cut as far as quality. Very envious of the body job so far.

Last edited by donoauto on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
Kas
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Re: The Horse with no name.

Post by Kas »

I'f I owned that car and someone I didn't know just put heaps of detailed pics and a general location of it on the net... I'd be pretty pissed... Maybe he posted them himself else where else I dunno, but high profile cars get stolen all the time on the back of internet pics. my 2c anyway
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

On a lighter note

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Kas wrote:I'f I owned that car and someone I didn't know just put heaps of detailed pics and a general location of it on the net... I'd be pretty pissed... Maybe he posted them himself else where else I dunno, but high profile cars get stolen all the time on the back of internet pics. my 2c anyway
So on that note I should take my photobucket site down & not discuss happenings at the ranch? That is giving into the pricks.

Let em come, I have the gun ready, so do my neighbours & once they hear the alarm, we just have to decide what to do with the bodies.

That is the problem with Australia, all criminals live here & get away with whatever they like. No one here has respect for another's possessions & are usually jealous of same. Time to fight back, they have tried to kill me once, no one will get a second chance. Take or attempt to take my stuff, expect a bullet.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Kas wrote:I'f I owned that car and someone I didn't know just put heaps of detailed pics and a general location of it on the net... I'd be pretty pissed... Maybe he posted them himself else where else I dunno, but high profile cars get stolen all the time on the back of internet pics. my 2c anyway
I dont see any problems, whats the point of this website if we cant post pics of stangs that we come across. High profile cars do get stolen from time to time but definately not because of a few internet pics. Most of the stolen collectible cars have been taken when the owners have them at motels etc when they are attending shows such as what happened at wintersun a few years ago, or the cars are advertised for sale and would be thieves get the location directly from the owner. This site would be very boring if our members didn't post pics, my 2c
Kas
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Kas »

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just saying what I thought when I read he hadn't met the owner.

Just thought he might not have thought about how the owner would like it. Still, an over reaction on my behalf I reckon. I don't mean to tell ya's what to do.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Kas wrote:I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just saying what I thought when I read he hadn't met the owner.
sorry couldn't find that,on which line did he say he hadn't met the owner or gave up it's location..?I might have to go to thrifty specks and get the 2,4,1 offer cause I'm just not seein it.. :poke:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
Kas wrote:I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just saying what I thought when I read he hadn't met the owner.

sorry couldn't find that,on which line did he say he hadn't met the owner or gave up it's location..?I might have to go to thrifty specks and get the 2,4,1 offer cause I'm just not seein it.. :poke:
Mark edited it after Kas posted. So probably a good idea from both of their standpoints. However he never gave up it's location, only that it was coming to his workshop & he again never specified a time.

That being said, I am still not comfortable living back over here again. Never thought I would feel that way. This country is stuffed & we are letting it happen. I realize I cannot make any difference, so am actively looking for a better environment to live in. If it is another country, so be it.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

good oh, actually checked to make sure I was on the right forum :poke:
for all it's faults the U.S. has a lot going for it liked it alot just my 2c
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

glock 45 keeps me warm and fuzzy
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

i have posted plenty of cars from shows, i never met the owners... i don't think that this is too much of an issue.

photos like these give other people inspiration for their own engine bays. i think they are great photos. thanks for sharing!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

ozbilt wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:

Mark edited it after Kas posted. So probably a good idea from both of their standpoints. However he never gave up it's location, only that it was coming to his workshop & he again never specified a time.

That being said, I am still not comfortable living back over here again. Never thought I would feel that way. This country is stuffed & we are letting it happen. I realize I cannot make any difference, so am actively looking for a better environment to live in. If it is another country, so be it.
Last edited by donoauto on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amen.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

shermatt wrote:glock 45 keeps me warm and fuzzy
marvelous what you can find at Wal Mart Mat.. :poke:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm