Twin Paxton GTA

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

FNQ67
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Twin Paxton GTA

Post by FNQ67 »

:wwp:

beat you to it

will upload pics to the photo bucket site.... http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o640/FNQ67/GTA%20build/

and get under way....I have 2 weeks to get a lot done so will upload pics daily.

I will get the car to as near as registerable as possible befor I go back to work.....does anyone know how harsh QLD transport is on superchargers, as I have been told that I should be able to get it registerd as a daily driver with little modification as some Fastbacks in 1967 came with paxtons...1 or 2 at least

cheers
there is a difference between need and want ....and the want is needed
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Twin Paxton GTA

Post by boofhead »

In my experience it all depends on who is on the other side of the bench. I have had some people take a very close look while I have also not even had them look at the car - just accepted the paperwork. Having said that I usually do not hide anything other than making sure I have a full sized steering wheel rather than the a smaller one. This has been the key for me. Overall, QLD is far easier than NSW - just my experience.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

You can get a mod plate for it, Dave's E type is a approved with the blower, John Keen approved it based on that fact that we took out a V12 and put in a V8, with less power on paper, hense the need for a blower, did a braking G force test etc, all good.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I was thinking that if you can show you have the equipment that the 390 had then you should be fine. Having said that Shaun's suggested mod plate is the best way to know for sure it is legal.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Boof, I think there would be no issue chargin a small block when you could buy the car with a big block, as long as it meets the brake/ weight test etc, basically how we got the jag legal, of coarse it didnt have 700hp at the wheels that day, it had a parts bin special 350, BM street blower and a 3" Norman (big SU type methenol) carb on it. John looked at the engine mounts, wanted to know the weight differance of the 2 engines, did a brake test.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I agree --- just need the pencil pushers to agree as well.
FNQ67
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by FNQ67 »

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY
COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY
LITTLE PONY, LITTLE PONY
WANTS TO PLAY
FNQ67
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by FNQ67 »

everything has arrived.......complete go fast bits

now just gotta wait for the rain to piss off so the swamp can dry out enough to get to the shed
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Very cool - I can understand how excited you are. I like it for sure.

BTW: How well does it fit with the power steering pump in place ?

I am very interested in how this works out.
FNQ67
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by FNQ67 »

Hi Boof..I only got the rest of the kit this arvo ...but from what I remember from the research I was doing...you have to move the pump and if you got AC you need to get a special bracket made up....other than that...wet season is settling in and curbing any progression on the Fastback...BUGGER......I wouldnt mind making up a mounting plate for a 351W ...... got a 351 roller block and a few parts for a 427 stroker...now that would be something....but I will stick with the plan for now