F100

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

F100

Post by jbrucem1 »

now that XP has gone, the old man pushed for a new project, one that he can enjoy aswell, and the purchase was made.
Just put in a big speel about the new truck, then Internet explorer died, as it does, and now have given up writing it all again..
in brief - LWB 77 F100, 302 clevo, auto 9''

going to strip it right down, clean it all up and attempt to better my last go at spray painting and panelbeating..i reckon by the tenth car my skills may be up to scratch!!

some bigger blingy wheels, 3" drop I-beams for the front(which i hope to get in someones container in the next few months), drop same on back..
colour choice is undecided, however i have really always wanted something similar to lime gold.. I'm also liking white, and pepper grey hasnt been ruled out after seeing this..
VYOVeUoInbU

anyhow some pics to have a look at, hopefully wont look like this for too much longer..picked up the tub apparently quite cheap - some F truck wreckers were quoting 2.5k for something of similar standard

sorry for size of pics, hopefully photobucket corrects itself, otherwise will delete as they have been resized and appera that way in photobucket -

http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/jbrucem1/F100/
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: F100

Post by blkpny »

Nice, I love F Trucks! I can't wait to get the funds together to finish mine!

Are you going to fit the later front?

There is a guy in QLD who has sells a fibreglass tilt front for these.... I want one BAAAD! I already have a pair of fibreglass doors, to go on, and a billet grille etc.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

i enquired about billet grilles..$1300 just for surround in oz means no at this stage..it will be fairly standard i think, not to fussed about fibreglass bits. do like the tilt hoods. I hope it to be a work in progress.get it painted and running nicely then get club rego, and tinker away..
67er
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 67er »

This one has a factory 390............

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy ... position=1
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Dammitt I am going to have to get mine back here now.. :argh:

Actually all I needed was a :poke: , I will get it to the dock this trip after I put some new tyres on it.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
70Coupe
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 70Coupe »

Nice, i owned an 80 model when i was younger, full carpeted rear with a canopy, 4 speed, no air or steer but i loved it. It was the first vehicle my now wife drove when she was a young tacker, gee that was scary
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

Nice one! you going to paint it the same colour?
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

no moe!!i think its painted in house paint, terrible job..picked up tub this arvo, very tidy..tailgate skin has been replaced using rivets, otherwise its very neat..Im thinking hothouse green or something similar (have always liked it and stang almost went that way)..also white is a constant possibility, just never gets old, maybe even a little rat style eg - http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy ... osition=15
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

The F100 in that link is nice! So I then spent the next half an hour looking at F100's....
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

yes white is tempting after seeing it..should just bite the bullet and buy one moe
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

I don't need encouragement - Just a bigger garage!
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

F truck is moving along far too slowly. Heads have been reco'd, engine more or less back together.
Tub was worse than i initially thought and got done a little on it (not as bad as scott and his caravan :rotfl: )
lots of filler in the rears
bought new front guard and RHS cab corner.
little bits of cancer in front and rear window and door corners, easy fix..
Have paint, need a few more cool days to get the body decent, then satin black 2K to go on outside
Engine bay, underside and interior pepper grey (couldnt help myself)
Red seats and carpet, interior will be 'modernised' a little
stay tuned
should be good

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

jbrucem1 wrote:F truck is moving along far too slowly. Heads have been reco'd, engine more or less back together.
Tub was worse than i initially thought and got done a little on it (not as bad as scott and his caravan :rotfl: )

Good work.... slowly but surely Eh!.... and just like my caravan it will look "Choice" when completed :-D funny buggar
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

update..this trucks body was heaps worse than i thought.coupled with my average at best beating skills it now looks 'respectable'but is far from good or even average..then i thought i could spray a huge car satin black..should have stuck to white where some success is possible..still considering a respray (no rust now)possibly coat of spray bog? then simple white?looking for opinions on this approach.have also had seat recovered and in process of custom door panel fabrication...
pics

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Cool Bro, looks real Boganish ... :-D :thumbs: