USING AN AUSSIE 4 SPD AUTO BEHIND A CARBY 302

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

USING AN AUSSIE 4 SPD AUTO BEHIND A CARBY 302

Post by Nuts »

Guy's I was talking to a Guy in Sydney yesterday, (unfortunately I can't post his name) he is puting a BTR 4 speed Auto behing a 302 in his 65 vert. Apparently this can be done by using an EB to EL transmission but using an ECU from an EB to EL V8 and a wiring loom from an ea or eb 6cyl. Anyone heard of this??? Sounds interesting! :drool:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: USING AN AUSSIE 4 SPD AUTO BEHIND A CARBY 302

Post by scott66stang »

That part of the wiring loom is the same for 6cyl or V8 so why not use the wiring loom from the donor V8 that the transmission and ecu comes from. That is what i have done on my 66 FB, used the 5.0lefi , 4speed auto, complete wiring harness from a NC fairlane "same as EB. There are a few on here doing the same, incl TimR67 in his 67 Vert.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

I did hear there was someone developing a stand alone controller for the BTR trans so it could be hooked up to carby engines, haven't seen anything though
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

scott66stang wrote:That part of the wiring loom is the same for 6cyl or V8 so why not use the wiring loom from the donor V8 that the transmission and ecu comes from. That is what i have done on my 66 FB, used the 5.0lefi , 4speed auto, complete wiring harness from a NC fairlane "same as EB. There are a few on here doing the same, incl TimR67 in his 67 Vert.
The guy I spoke to said there were two different wiring looms.. one that was integrated with then the engine ecu and a standalone wiring loom that was used in some V8's and all 6s. I hope to find out more real soon. Sounds interesting though..
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Why not just go an AOD transmission?
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Aussie 4 speeds change smoothly, are plentyful and your local trans fixer can fix em and what's more, they're reasonably strong.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Fair enough then. All good reasons.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

TimR67 wrote:I did hear there was someone developing a stand alone controller for the BTR trans so it could be hooked up to carby engines, haven't seen anything though
You can buy a stand alone that unit that work with many boxes from the states. The boys at MR automotive use them to put Landrover Disco autos in to TD5 defenders.
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

They won't handle much abuse, and are quite expensive to repair. We had to swap one out of a friends DC LTD, because it couldn't handle the 300rwkw it was making. This car was never dragraced, but did see a few cruises.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project