Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: New Garage project

Post by jonn »

What do you think?

I need to decide on the lighting for the shed.

The shed is approximately 7m wide x 9m deep. Currently thinking about a 9 x twin 36watt Fluorescent lights in a 3 x 3 grid as the general lighting. With additional task lighting eg over the work bench.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I suggest adding 2 side upright double fluos in each corner so when working under the bonnet up you dont get a overhanging shadow.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Not sure but 3 across may not be necessary. I have 4 x 1 over one side of a stock 5 x 6 garage and it really lights the place up. Was going to do another 4x1 run up the other side some day. Could have easily got away with 3 x 1 I think. I did 4 because I wanted 1 close to each end to ensure light was shed under the hood and trunk when opened.

Obviously the extra 3 mtr length you would have lit up as a work area but perhaps and likewise with the extra 2 mtrs wide if that is to be a workbench run along one side. If that is the case then I would turn the flouros to run along the garage instead of across... So how many does that work out as, ummm...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

Scott and Mike, thanks for your thoughts. The issue of shadows and the use of upright fluorescent lights in the corners sounds good. My current layout has the lights running parallel to the long sides of the shed.