67 Fastback - attempt number two!

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: 67 Fastback - attempt number two!

Post by rockerfella »

Cheers Nuts, I'll be getting on that tomorrow. If it doesn't turn up anything I'll see if I can clear up the number that IS visible.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Nuts wrote:You will need to undo the top of the rh fender so you can move it outwards. The vin should be located under the rear apron approximately halfway between the hinge and the shock tower. Maybe you can you clean out the old paint from the visible vin using paint stripper??
If a San Jose car, then the RH VIN will be between the rad support & the tower on the inner fender skirt. Approx same position as the LH VIN. You can usually cut the fender out the same as the LH one to expose it .......

I had to expose the second VIN on the car pictured below, as I had a fake Shelby plate over the other VIN that had the engine code missing for some reason.

You can see the cut out in the fender edge just above the snake head in this pic .......

Or below the snake head in this pic ......

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rockerfella »

Cheers Ozbilt, I'll have a pry around before I go (aka go getting someone else to) cut anything!

Great air intake on the Shelby btw!
rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rkmiller73 »

Looks a lot better with that OE style hood.

Nice project! :like: