Scarlet

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

65muzzy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: Scarlet

Post by 65muzzy »

ozbilt wrote:Meanwhile, Mrsozbilt's Mach is feeling very neglected ...... :$

Don't know about that. Seems the Mach is having a good time looking underneath.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

My effort today was to finish the install of a few hoses (rad hoses, auto trans hoses) & then make sure they are fastened out of the way of moving parts & shielded from heat.

Heat shield for the power steer hoses that run near the RH exhaust header .....

Routed & P clamped the auto trans hoses. Fabricated a small bracket to hold the P clamp where the hoses go past the lower A arm mounting point ......

The rest just P clamped in position .......

Heater hoses routed, now just need connecting to the H pipe & valve assy before entering the heater .....

Pics of the rad hoses, all finished off where the cuts were made & clamped in place, will be posted tomorrow (as I forgot to take pics) ..... :lol:

George achieved a lot as well, seems the wiring is almost there .... :like:

I have also fitted up one side of the exhaust, but not happy where it runs, so it will be temporary at best.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nice work! :thumbs:
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Indeed very nice work. Did you take pics of the header pipe opening widening efforts?

I must say I really like the effort and quality of the result. I have a long way to go to get anywhere near that level of detail.

George reads his SMS to often.... :lol: Nah - his wiring efforts have been excellent as well - you see snippets in the photos. Lets hope no magic smoke.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

boofhead wrote:Indeed very nice work. Did you take pics of the header pipe opening widening efforts?
No I did not. Do you want me to take them back off & get a pic ? ..... :impatient:

Actually they did not need much, just some "rounding" of a edges ..... :poke:
Kerry

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I think I will let you off the hook this time.... :$
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Headers off and on = rectal examination
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

boofhead wrote: George reads his SMS to often.... :lol:
Yes he would get a lot more completed if "someone" stopped sending SMS messages to him ...... :poke:
Kerry

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Its 9.15 and your on a break already....... people are waiting for pics ... entertainment .... some would think you are enjoying this build and the weekend... you both are not allowed to have a life..... the masses are waiting for the next instalment.....

Have fun guys.. so close to a major mile stone..
67fastysm
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 67fastysm »

You guys up there must feel very lucky to have someone like Kerry , he is one talented car man ! but more so his willingness to help and it seems regardless of how dumb or minor a question he answers with respect , very lucky people !!
shane
Age is a high price for maturity
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

George had a happy day today with many thanks to boofhead who seemed to be on the phone all day (even while boof played golf ... :lol: ). A lot was achieved & I will let George fill you all in on that .... :poke:

Pics I forgot to take of the rad hoses all finished .......

We P clamped the fuel line from the sender to the priming pump ....

Then completed the heater hose arrangement & the control switch. Still need the hose clamps that George possibly has at home .....

Exhaust mocked up for the initial firing. The pipes to the mufflers will be remade in 2 1/2" & re-routed ......

Kerry

ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Great work guys, I admire your skills, car looks great.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:George had a happy day today with many thanks to boofhead who seemed to be on the phone all day (even while boof played golf ... :lol: ). A lot was achieved & I will let George fill you all in on that .... :poke:
Ah so it was a four ball eh boof? :rotfl:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

yep what kerry said above.

today had mixed emotions from what i was more involved with. a few things need revisiting. i was doing well with the wiring until i had some issues which took me a few hours back.. but sorted some of it .. then attempted the crank .. and what a big FAIL!! built it up and then ..nothing!!

i think i needed some of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMUGjlV5HU

anyway .. checked grounds and connections.. and basically what i did was bypass the neutral safety switch and she came alive .. well cranking anyway.. then kerry reminded me my shifter cable has not been adjusted (actually i dont think it was connected and i dont know what gear the box was in) so its highly likely the gearbox was not in a safe gear to start (safety switch is built into the gearbox which was working before) .. so all good.

i have a video but too tired.. soo buggered

boofhead showed me a few tests via the megasquirt. and well it was very exciting to hear my fuel pump!! and then my injectors clicking away. thats all we tested .. a few adjustments required but still a good start!!

big thanks to kerry and boofhead again.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ACTstanglover wrote:Great work guys, I admire your skills, car looks great.
skills.. yes well .. what your seeing there is kerrys bracketry skills and knowledge!!

its a joint effort generally im under the dash and kerry is sitting on a front wheel playing in the engine bay.

its been great and im happy with the progress. if only work didnt get in the way!

best thing was no magic smoke!!!