OK - Heres one for those with knowledge on the 69ers to help

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: OK - Heres one for those with knowledge on the 69ers to

Post by soc123_au »

ozbilt wrote:The radiator can be moved forward with changes to the rad support panel & the rad mounts. You could get over an inch (25mm) with that mod.
That works on a 67/68 (we did it on mine) I remember looking to do the same thing on a 69 but the lower tie rail was in line with the back edge of the rad/support opening anyway. I dont have a 69 here at the moment to look at to refresh my memory though. In saying that 4.5 inches is friggen huge anyway. I wish I had that many inches to play with.
HappyOne
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: OK - Heres one for those with knowledge on the 69ers to

Post by HappyOne »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

To answer a few questions, yes the car is still in the States waiting on getting the air con unit hooked up. …..It’s killing me not to have it here yet …but we hope it will be ready to leave soon-ish …..next 3 weeks ?

Based on info I have seen here and elsewhere, I think we will look at staggering a couple of 11" fans on the radiator inside the engine bay. Soc123-au thanks for the info on the air flow, you think we should be shooting for that’s very helpful to know.

I did buy a big arse electric fan (think it was around 2500cfm )whilst we were there last and hooked it up as a temporary measure, but this may not work now as other shit maybe in the way.

I’m sure we will get it sorted out, but appreciate any advice / helpful hints from you guys.

Kerry, that photo is not the best but the engine bay itself does not need painting. I could eat my dinner off it. Mind you there are few things that do need to be tinkered with here and there. The air cleaner and rubber boot have since been replaced etc.

We do have a few other issues to sort out on the beast, but should be easy enough to sort through once we get it here.

Cheers

Ed
;)
Never Die Wondering ...What If ????

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they Wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "