Brake Upgrades - Engineering

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Brake Upgrades - Engineering

Post by trav68 »

Howdy,
Following on from my previous engineering post I finally got around to doing the required brake tests on my Fastback for my engineering submission.

I used a GPS data logger to record and trend the various stops detailed in the NCOP5 LG which covers braking modifications. I just have to complete an emergency brake test as I ran out of time today.

As per the recorded results my vehicle exceeds the regulatory standards for pre-ADR vehicles. The testing regime for vehicles subject to ADRs is significantly more complex. I am sure my vehicle has a little bit more in it with the limiting factor being the driver as I need more pedal modulation practice on the track and skidpans.

I run the Streetortrack front and rear kit using late model Mustang Cobra PBR calipers and actuated by a non-boosted 15/16ths M/C.

Front brakes:
Rear brakes:

Results thus far:

Cheers,
Trav
trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Brake Upgrades - Engineering

Post by trav68 »

Might add as a modern reference point a VF SS Redline with optional Brembo brakes does the 100-0 km/h stop in 38.6m and my car is about 45-50m with the aforementioned driver issues.

PS - Nassi someone through me a curve ball with a high secondary float level causing me some carb issues on crash stops but I wont mention anyones names :poke:
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Good information. I assume you created your results table in Excel using the logged data. I like the street and track gear - I have looked at it a few times when looking around at brakes (and other gear). Certainly looks the goods and works well.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

trav68 wrote:
PS - Nassi someone through me a curve ball with a high secondary float level causing me some carb issues on crash stops but I wont mention anyones names :poke:
Should I pass that on?
trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by trav68 »

No I am just stirring nassi she runs like a dream since Frank worked his magic on it. I was ready to try find some vent whistles or vent tube mods but thought I better just double check the secondary level. Tweaked that down to correct level and stalling issue resolved on hard stops.

Yeah boof logged into a csv data file then into excel for post processing. Streetortrack gear is good, very complete kit and customer service is amazing via Shaun. Only gripe is they need to find a new powder coat as the coating has adhesion issues which is my only disappointment for big $$ gear.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Trav just out of interest, did you buy your "StreetorTrack" gear directly from Shaun or go through Gus here in Perth?
trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by trav68 »

I wanted to buy direct but they had just setup the distribution here so went via Gus.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

trav68 wrote:I wanted to buy direct but they had just setup the distribution here so went via Gus.
No worries, just wasn't sure if you knew the stuff was local.
Cheers