Marc's 67 clone

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Re: Marc's 67 clone

Post by jusTANG »

m67gl wrote:Maybe I should just sell it as is right now and the new owner can see that there is no rust coming through anywhere, and they can respray it whatever colour they like.
SELL 8O NEW OWNER :(
Cheers,
j
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

jusTANG wrote:
m67gl wrote:Maybe I should just sell it as is right now and the new owner can see that there is no rust coming through anywhere, and they can respray it whatever colour they like.
SELL 8O NEW OWNER :(
Just not driving as much as I would like, so may look at selling to get another classic that I may use more (wife says no room for 2 classics). Failing that i'll put the car on club rego next year and see what happens. Thats also why I have the conundrum of how far to go with painting the new parts or full respray.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

thats all fair enough, just a little sad to see you part with a 67 FB. I found the same since stopping using the 66 as a daily driver. Have in the last few weeks just gone back to using it all weekend just to get use out of it and the kids love running around in it, just makes a quick trip alittle longer with all the well wishes and eyeballers.....lol
Cheers,
j
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Wait for the parting statement...

pdtWATUCz-8
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

S[_]SPECT wrote:Wait for the parting statement...

pdtWATUCz-8
Love it :-D

Thanks for the colour info Shaunp. Had a relook at the Shelby Registry book and see that Ford also called it Bright Blue Metallic. Will get back to the paint shop for a look at the colour sample. (presuming they have it- they have a '77 colour BBMet.)
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

1971 ford Bright Blue Met. 6 3077 = GM 26/127A /F

Same colour. so have them look it up by the GM colour code, I mixed some lime gold in Debeers a week ago, if they have the formula any one will have it. The code I gave you is from Dupont so, Dupont, Speice Hecker, Standox etc will have the formula.
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

Just back from the small paint shop in town here (HiChem and Motorspray?) but they have neither codes in their computer. The only Ford Bright Blue was similar to the XY colour, but mine is deeper and darker. Frustrating. Think I'll have to call on the painter to colour match it himself...didnt want to use the supercheap branded paint anyway.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Don't entertain either, go to somewhere who sells SH / dupont etc, don't waste your money on crap paint, false eccon. Having said that Protec noramally have most mustang colours also. Glasuirt have a classic colour range as well, I know they do Lime gold. No need to eye match it it can be made to the formula, just go to the right supplier.

http://www.protec.com.au/
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Glasurit do it

FORD AMERICA ACAPULCO BLUE MET D M3077A 67F22 1967-1968
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

As shaun say's don't skimp as you are getting frustrated you will regret it in the end. You car may be not a show car but it is a very neat looking ride. Would give my first born to have it sitting in my cave :headbang:

If worse comes to worse I am sure someone will obtain it for you and ship it over night........ another way to "hook up a brother"
Cheers,
j
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Protec have agents in Northern Rivers. I've used their stuff, it's ok, as do Glasurit
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

Agreed, not about to get Luxury Paints to mix my auto paint..yet. But getting frustrated that no-one around here seems to have any of the codes in their computers. The shop in Lismore has been around for some time, and is all PPG products but still couldnt help. Hoping the guy who is tentatively lined up to do the job will be able to figure it out, when he gets back from holidays that is.
May as well get back to work and put it on the back burner for a week or 2
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Glasurit has agjents in Coffs and tamworth,
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

Quicker for me to drive up to Brisbane. BTW what are you up to this long weekend Shaunp :poke: sounds like you know your way around this painting caper :angel:
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

What long week end,? and yes I've painted a couple of cars, just doing a VK brock at the moment, did the body yesterday, still have the bars and some of the plastics to do. I'll check if MPA have the formula in Debeers, but it's harder work, to spray, the metalic is hard to get to lay right, unlike more expensive stuff, which just flips the correct way.

Harts are at the Gold coast, they will have good stuff, and I think Glasurit is sold by Prestige on the coast.