Priscilla Queen of the Desert project(68 fastback project)

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Priscilla Queen of the Desert project

Post by gbx78 »

I have all relatively new stock front end suspension with disc brakes, its either repro or original restored to look new ..unsure.. ill swap u the RRS stuff for it.. cant get a better deal than that! :D
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

cheekie bugger!
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Have to admit that is a pretty good deal........

for gbx78 :rotfl:
Last edited by Foresight on Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

gotohellgadafi wrote:
To give you an idea, I only learnt how to change the oil, oil filter, flush radiator on my mustang for the first time last week. To some that may be nothing, but it felt rewarding to get in there and do some work on the car even if its just a minor service.....(as well as saved some $$ on labour)
then this will be a good build for you to really "understand" the car to an extent rather than just be the driver and when someone goes wrong you wont be scratching your head on the side of the road or in your garage.

Im learning heaps bout my new rear end, understanding the axle bearings and retainers and just being able to put it together myself (with help when required) is proving to be a gratifying experience. Ive done similar before in the past about 15 years ago so i already knew what i was up for. I decided on this rather than have someone do it purely for the fact that once i bought a car "already done" and the 9" had some oil leaks.. the diff place took it for 3weeks and about $1500 later with a bunch of excuses as to why it couldnt be repaired and they did a "work around" gave me the sh!ts cause i didnt know any better.

well now i know alot better and at least i know what parts are in there now and i can say "i did it".. and i can repair or replace parts if required.

this will be fun for you.. and dont worry tears mean fun too .. apparently :D
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Foresight wrote:Have to admit that is a pretty good deal........

for gbx78 :rotfl:
:( i was being serious :D .. i will infact be replacing my front end with TCP *hides from the tomatos* .. im unsure if i will be keeping the stock stuff ill be removing for my next project incase it needs those parts.. i tend to hord things because without fail if i sell something i find later that i coulda used it :(( murphys law i guess
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

There is really not much wrong with stock stuff with some tweaking. Save your money for the nice paint and quick engine I reckon. You could buy a Paxton Blower almost for the cost of an after market front end and brakes. Know what I would do. Nothing better than popping the lid and there is a Huffer on the engine.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Any ideas on how much it is to replace the whole front suspension to original stuff?.....is there different kinds or it one kind fits all?

Bas, go to the LINKS section of this site, NPD for one have a full online catalogue with prices. Other probably do also.
cheers
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

nassi wrote:Any ideas on how much it is to replace the whole front suspension to original stuff?.....is there different kinds or it one kind fits all?

Bas, go to the LINKS section of this site, NPD for one have a full online catalogue with prices. Other probably do also.
cheers
Good advice nassi, Mustangs Plus and Mustangs Unlimited also have the same, with a downloadable cattledog
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Cal mustang has it for $300, thats, 4 arms, 2 perches, spring rubber seat, swaybar links, caster bushes, add $130 for Kings spring, + what shocks you want. You may need ties rods, idler as well, rods are normally ok idler is normally toast, but a 67 is the same as an XY. If you run falcon brakes you need falcon outer tie rods in any case. I have the stuff I took of my car which is all original, except for the top joints, in real terms it was all fine and could have gone back on with a clean & paint + bushes. I was just too lazy to be bothered. Plus I'm useing a modified XY drag link and XF box so I had to change all the tie rods anyaway.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

Bas, do not write anything off as to far gone until you source info from the people you already trust and value their opinions.
You have them people around you and also on here.

remember Bas anything is possible, look at the difference when we did my KH resto.

Before

After

Cheers,
j
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Morning all,
I thought Christmas had come early on the weekend, started unwrapping all the plastic bags and itemizing everything, got a few photos of the stuff too, some I know other parts I have no clue what they are, might need your help identifying them:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Is that pic there because you don't know what it is? :shock:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

im sure he knows thats the steering wheel :D
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

lol. i posted a whole bunch of pics, but they came up as broken links so deleted them, this is the only one that worked, and YES, I know that's a steering wheel (sarcasm : on)