67 TriPower

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 67 TriPower

Post by boofhead »

Agreed - sorry to hear of the passing of your mum.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

got to love that! Not much/any room is there?
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Congrats Buddy, that is one sweet ride!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Amazing car, well done ...... :like:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Very nice indeed, congratulations looks Awesome!! :thumbs:
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

Thanks for the kind words guys I cant help myself from going and checking on it , hard to believe it is in my garage . My neighbours are good with 3 hot rods near by , they tell me they know when fire it up . would be great to catch up with some local guys . The car will be in a wedding this weekend along with another 3 mustangs
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

Well its been a few weeks since my last post ,I have been busy with work and catching up with jobs around the house which need to be done . The car had its first big outing as part of a wedding we had a 66 coupe my 67 a 70 fastback and 2008 Shelby convertible it looked impressive . Yesterday I spent some time tuning the car as it was very rich at idle and was very cranky when it was cold . With the Fast ecu I opened up the fuel map on my laptop and watching where the values were while it was idling started pulling fuel out of it the engine responded straight up with rpm jumping 300 revs ,with adjusting the centre throttle plate bringing the idle back to 900rpm , I continued trimming the fuel watching the afr metre on the dash board of the laptop . All I can say is what a difference that made the car pulls like a train . I hope to get it on a dyno in a few weeks when the engine builder gets his new dyno up and running .Finished the day with a oil change and adjusted the ride height as I had filled the fuel tank and the springs have settled ,I still have a few things to sort adjusting the speedo and the fuel sender unit to suit the VHX dash .
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

wedding cars
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

They all look great... nice and hot for a wedding!
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

Spent a few hours on the car first job I had to pull the fuel sender out and adjust the float arm as it was catching on the swirl pot once that was done I could then adjust the dash setup to suit the falcon sender unit which is a vdo unit . Next up was setting the speedo up ,I had to mark out a measured mile near home and then go through the settings for the speedo from the start to the finish it counts the no of revs from the speedo sender then recalculated the speedo to suit . I think I will drive the car with a gps on board just to be on the safe side with all the speed traps and unmarked cars running around .I am really enjoying this car the power steering has worked out so well makes it a pleasure to drive .The engine is as sweet as for a large cube engine with a big cam it behaves well I cant wait to get the final tune on the dyno done and take it out to the local circuit and get some miles up on it and open it up.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What did you use to mark out the measured mile?
I'll have to do the same thing for mine.

I find it weird that it's a metric speedo, but you still have to measure out a mile to calibrate it :lol:
TriPower
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by TriPower »

I marked out 1609 metres on a stretch of road and then went through the instructions as per the VHX manual . I will double check it though with my GPS to check the speed .