Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Post by Nuts »

OzStang390 wrote:
Nuts wrote:
OzStang390 wrote:
...anyone got a set of stamps I may borrow please, so I can stamp this block?
Have a set in the cave.
Excellent!! :D

I don't suppose you have time to drop in for a cuppa, a game on a pinball machine and to hold the stamps as I swing the hammer wildly with a blindfold on (or even without the last bit)?? :poke:
Maybe Wednesday. i'll set myself a reminder to bring the stamps.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Nuts wrote:
OzStang390 wrote:
Nuts wrote: Have a set in the cave.
Excellent!! :D

I don't suppose you have time to drop in for a cuppa, a game on a pinball machine and to hold the stamps as I swing the hammer wildly with a blindfold on (or even without the last bit)?? :poke:
Maybe Wednesday. i'll set myself a reminder to bring the stamps.
Fantastic, thanks mate :thumbs:
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
My wife's project is: ME!!
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Continuing on with Dave's visit last Saturday, while I was running around tearing my garage upside down looking for bolts to fit through the engine stand and into the 390's block, Dave tirelessly hooked into parts from the interior:

The fan seems to be looking relatively new:

On the other hand the heater/air-con looks a little more worse for wear:

...on top of that... Dave managed to find a failed invasion from the U.S.
Mud Wasp nests throughout the ventilation ducts! Luckily there wasn't anything living!!

...and quite possibly (at some stage) a mouse or rats nest:

Ventilation pieces as well as a radio support bracket:

...and that's it until next time.
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Sell the heater/AC unit to a concourse nut & install an Old Air unit. It will be twice the heater?AC as the original one & half the price if you were to restore the original ........ :poke:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Roughly how much do you think an Old Air unit would cost me?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

OzStang390 wrote:Roughly how much do you think an Old Air unit would cost me?
Call Bernice at BossKraft (http://www.bosskraft.com/contact.html) after the 20th as they have some in stock (I believe).
Kerry

OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Thank you very much for the info Kerry, I'll certainly give a bell when it comes time to replace the air-con :thumbs:

While I was browsing their website I found something interesting in their current restorations, the Boss 429 shock towers they are fitting to the '67, this would make it a hell of a lot easier for me to change spark-plugs (with my back injury), is it possible to do something like that to my car?

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

OzStang390 wrote: While I was browsing their website I found something interesting in their current restorations, the Boss 429 shock towers they are fitting to the '67, this would make it a hell of a lot easier for me to change spark-plugs (with my back injury), is it possible to do something like that to my car?

Talk to me when it comes time as I have a few ideas that will make it easier to change plugs. Keep in mind it will be spendy though ....... :poke:
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

ozbilt wrote:
OzStang390 wrote: While I was browsing their website I found something interesting in their current restorations, the Boss 429 shock towers they are fitting to the '67, this would make it a hell of a lot easier for me to change spark-plugs (with my back injury), is it possible to do something like that to my car?

Talk to me when it comes time as I have a few ideas that will make it easier to change plugs. Keep in mind it will be spendy though ....... :poke:
DO IT OzStang!
If I had my time again I would have done something like this to mine, and mines just a small block.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

BTW Glen, your car is the cover photo on Mustangtech's Facebook page ...... :like:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mustangt ... 3162254415
Kerry

OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Ahhh... that is pretty cool mate :spoton:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Glenn if you threw that big lump away and put a real engine in like a 302, you'd have no trouble changing plugs!! :stirpot:
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Nuts wrote:Glenn if you threw that big lump away and put a real engine in like a 302, you'd have no trouble changing plugs!! :stirpot:
Hey!! even better... I could drop a 4cyl diesel in it and then there are no spark-plugs to worry about at all :rotfl:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

OzStang390 wrote:
Nuts wrote:Glenn if you threw that big lump away and put a real engine in like a 302, you'd have no trouble changing plugs!! :stirpot:
Hey!! even better... I could drop a 4cyl diesel in it and then there are no spark-plugs to worry about at all :rotfl:
Please call for a price....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I was thinking a rotary. Tons of room and 4 plugs.
I will someday think of something clever to say.