Dynamic Stang

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Re: Dynamic Stang

Post by Dynamic »

mikes68 wrote:
Dynamic wrote:Yeah my only problem is the carport where it lives is really uneven and bumpy and I wouldn't be confident in how even the car would sit unless it's supported by a jig/frame. At least I can then use it to transport the car around as well!
Even on a jig / frame (similar to mine) I would still want a fairly even and level floor to put in on as it could still get the smallest twist in it if there is enough weight...

Why don't you call in some surveyors and spot out four points to level up your jack stands... maybe even fork out for a new garage floor for your old man :poke:
Well I'm trying to spend the money on the mustang so I can get it out of his carport he wants to fill it with wood for the fire :loopy:

I might look at getting one of those special spot weld drill bits looks a heck of a lot easier than the drill bits I've been using
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Hey Pete, im sure we can level something up for you. Let me know when you need a hand.
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

I think the latest issue of Mustang Monthly deals with the cowl issue.

Although i am not 100% sure as i do not actually read the magazine. I just hold it up, open to my face so that randoms dont bother me on the train. This is a downside of being an exceptionally attractive man.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

Cameron wrote:I think the latest issue of Mustang Monthly deals with the cowl issue.

Although i am not 100% sure as i do not actually read the magazine. I just hold it up, open to my face so that randoms dont bother me on the train. This is a downside of being an exceptionally attractive man.
Yeah I did see that but I don't understand any of it mainly because I just look at the pictures and rarely read the words.... It must be tough I don't know how you fend off all the woman
Pete
Mustang Project:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Spot weld drill worked for me... the pin thingy in the middle blunted before the hole saw part did, which was weird...

I did a hundred or so holes I guess around the cowl and other places.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

hybrid wrote:Spot weld drill worked for me... the pin thingy in the middle blunted before the hole saw part did, which was weird...

Where abouts did you pick yours up hybrid? or are they something I can come across at bunnings etc, haven't actually looked yet
Pete
Mustang Project:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I probably would have just picked mine up on evilbay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trks ... &_from=R40
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

sweet cheers might just pick a couple up cheap enough
Pete
Mustang Project:
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

mikes68 wrote:
Why don't you call in some surveyors and spot out four points to level up your jack stands... maybe even fork out for a new garage floor for your old man :poke:
If you want to set some levels for free, grab some clear plastic hose and make a water level.
Fill the hose with water and make sure there are no air bubbles in it.
Hammer some pegs in where your jack stands go, tape one end of the hose to one, mark the peg at the water level and then take the other end to each peg and mark the water level on each peg.
This primitive level is as accurate as any survey gear you can buy, as long as you are gentle and don't spill or cause air bubbles.
Remove your hose and the marks on your 4 pegs are all on the same level
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Dynamic wrote:
hybrid wrote:Spot weld drill worked for me... the pin thingy in the middle blunted before the hole saw part did, which was weird...

Where abouts did you pick yours up hybrid? or are they something I can come across at bunnings etc, haven't actually looked yet
Wurth carry them over here.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

scedd wrote:
mikes68 wrote:
If you want to set some levels for free, grab some clear plastic hose and make a water level.
Fill the hose with water and make sure there are no air bubbles in it.
Hammer some pegs in where your jack stands go, tape one end of the hose to one, mark the peg at the water level and then take the other end to each peg and mark the water level on each peg.
This primitive level is as accurate as any survey gear you can buy, as long as you are gentle and don't spill or cause air bubbles.
Remove your hose and the marks on your 4 pegs are all on the same level
I hadn't thought of that great idea, might end up having to try something along those lines.

nassi I just bought some ebay jobby so see how that goes, I can honestly say (and I pray) this will be the only time I need to use them anyway.....at least until I have time money and the stupidity to buy an F100 or another mustang.
Pete
Mustang Project:
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

I finally dropped some big dollars (what are big dollars in my books anyway) on the mustang these last few weeks. The parts finally arrived:

and finally made the purchase of a decent MIG
will price up some argon/co2 the innershield/my welding skills seem to be giving me a lot of chicken shit at the moment.
Next step is save some more dollars to get the whole car blasted and primed woohoo progress :like:
Pete
Mustang Project:
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

The extra long weekend provided me with another chance to work on the car, now I have several new questions:

I purchased a "twirler" from ebay and obviously the generic attachment won't match up with the frame rails, which I think is the best mounting place as mentioned by shaunp in another thread.

I'm thinking of just welding some flat bar onto the end of the twirler beam which is 1220mm and the outer edge of the frame rails is 1130mm so I'm thinking I can just put in some spacers and large bolts to mount the car?

My other questions was about this striker plate holder, that sits in the door. Is there anyway to remove this, or should I just drill and tap out that rusted/broken bolt?
Pete
Mustang Project:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Not quite sure how you want to mount up on the rotisserie...

I just bent the top od the retaining plate inside the b pillar out a tad to remove that.
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

mikes68 wrote:Not quite sure how you want to mount up on the rotisserie...

I just bent the top od the retaining plate inside the b pillar out a tad to remove that.
Yeah I figured that was the simplest way to do it with minimal damage.

I want to mount it off the rear frame rails so I still have access to the rear panel
Pete
Mustang Project: