Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Post by Pinto-Pete »

boofhead wrote:I was thinking a rotary. Tons of room and 4 plugs.
What about a nice 1JZ only 2 more and all in a line...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Look at all these great options Glenn!! Pick one!!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Alright, alright... I have some parts here from back in the days when I was at high school... I'm gonna fit a set of pedals!! No sparkplugs and getting fit at the same time!!

Also another good reason to do a Shelby clone... more fibreglass = less weight to pedal around :snigger:
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
My wife's project is: ME!!
mert
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mert »

Yeah, but small blocks just don't look this good... F(ill the)E(nginebay)...

;)
8R01S
8R03S-GT
8F01X -EXP500 Repli-bute
8R01C-Cal Special
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

mert wrote:Yeah, but small blocks just don't look this good... F(ill the)E(nginebay)...

;)
OH YEAH!! now that looks sweet :heart_eyes:
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Well... there hasn't been much progress recently but I have replaced the dodgy bolts (they were too long and with way too many spacers) which held the engine to the engine stand.

I have also placed one of those Ford scissor style jacks under the front end of the sump and lifted the engine up to a better position, this now means I can move the engine stand from blocking the passengers door and finally get back inside to pull the interior apart.

Now that I am in a position to start reconditioning the parts I have removed, is there any literature which show *how* parts should be reconditioned (I have seen parts manuals which show exploded views of how things are assembled) but I am talking about how things are cleaned, what parts require lubrication or adjustment...

One example; what is the best way to clean up the taillight/stoplight buckets if they have a minute amount of corrosion?

Another is; what is the best way to clean up a center console or roof console?

...or does it all come back to asking people with the knowledge and experience... and/or personally searching through all the forums until I find the method required?

-Glenn
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

OzStang390 wrote: is there any literature which show *how* parts should be reconditioned
Post up what u got individually and we will advise . :grinning:
Last edited by chopmgw on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I smell oranges !

Michael
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Hope you've got something between the sump and the jack to spread the load...?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Pinto-Pete wrote:Hope you've got something between the sump and the jack to spread the load...?
I sure have Pete, a nice large piece of timber which is larger than the lower section of the oil pan, I certainly don't want a "can opener" pressed against it :spoton:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

All good, although you wouldn't be the first....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm