Guess who...it's Q!

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Guess who...it's Q!

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:Great write up Lee, i really like the head unit in the boot idea may even use it on my Caddy so i can reclaim the glovebox.
That boot is so big you will probably need two repeaters. 8O
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:Great write up Lee, i really like the head unit in the boot idea may even use it on my Caddy so i can reclaim the glovebox.
That boot is so big you will probably need two repeaters. 8O
The boot is so big i dont need a stereo, i can fit my own Orchestra in there.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Lee and cage ..just installed the app and found an awesome base tuning for rock that has well balanced treble and bass eq. Curve. I tweaked a little and now It sounds soo much better than what I was stuffing around with.. it's called perfect bass and treble. Though probably too trebly for you cage. It was soo muffled sounding before. See some screenshots below or you can dl the tune

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Very cool George. Thanks for the drive and listen to the stereo today mate, appreciated it. I am going tomorrow to Ryda at Petersham to try a few combos I am thinking about. Will let you know how I go.

By the way that first pic has way too much treble mate.
Last edited by cage on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

So bloody sad that you blokes can't appreciate good old AM radio reception. Cause when you find a good station its all about memories.....
Sorry just realised you are all to young to remember let alone appreciate good music, one speaker and plenty of distortion. :D
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

nassi wrote:So bloody sad that you blokes can't appreciate good old AM radio reception. Cause when you find a good station its all about memories.....
Sorry just realised you are all to young to remember let alone appreciate good music, one speaker and plenty of distortion. :D
I also can't believe they go to this much trouble when they can't hear it anyway :lol:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:
nassi wrote:So bloody sad that you blokes can't appreciate good old AM radio reception. Cause when you find a good station its all about memories.....
I also can't believe they go to this much trouble when they can't hear it anyway :lol:
I can understand with Q as it is a very quiet car inside. The builder must have done a great job ....... :yawn:

Stock exhaust is a big help ......
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

hybrid wrote:

No problem here.
The juke box in the Hilux is permanently on 4KQ and when im alone (usually) the volume is on 22 (out of 25).
Unless the Blues Brothers are playing then its on 25.
(But i do have a 200 watt amp and 4 x 100 watt quality speakers)
The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

ozbilt wrote:
hybrid wrote:
I can understand with Q as it is a very quiet car inside. The builder must have done a great job ....... :yawn:

Stock exhaust is a big help ......
Haha I don't know if "appreciate" is the right word Graeme...I think you are looking for "tolerate" :rotfl:

Glad it gets the tick of approval Kerry :thumbs:

That tuning app is outta control George, I think you need a degree in car audio to understand the effects of every option lol
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Hi Lee re the IR repeater. Did you have to position the emitter for the IR repeater in front of the HU in the boot? Am I reading things correctly?
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Yes jacko, it seems to be emit a pretty wide beam so I've just got it placed above and slightly forward in that box I made. All you need is line of sight.
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

np, thanks
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'