Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3rd Canton Fair trip

Post by ozbilt »

soc123_au wrote:Fuck Eric, the idiot was warned what might happen taking Barry on. The only reply from the warnings was "Fuck Yeah!" and something about doing something to Barrys ass, kicking it maybe. Bit hard to tell with the accent.

Cop it sweet Eric, Cop it sweet.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I forgot about that bit 8O maybe I will not check on him ..... :coat:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Found a hotel in GuangZhou (GZ) that is close to the subway station & the Canton Fair, so I will move there tomorrow. Left my name at a few hotels & a room became vacant at one.

This will also make the factory visits easier in the GZ area. Later next week will relocate to Hong Kong (via Shenzhen) as my pilot friend flies in. Then off to the US on his flight.
Kerry

69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

soc123_au wrote:Fuck Eric, the idiot was warned what might happen taking Barry on. The only reply from the warnings was "Fuck Yeah!" and something about doing something to Barrys ass, kicking it maybe. Bit hard to tell with the accent.

Cop it sweet Eric, Cop it sweet.
Nothing will ever go wrong Steve while i have you in my corner offering words of wisdom to my opponents. :headbang: :headbang:
A word of advise....Never get into a sword fight with Steve.....He has some slick moves!!!
Sorry that should read SICK moves!!!
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Always in your corner Barry, the Wolf Pack has to stick together.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Back in DG. GZ was boring, hotel was crap so came back to the Silverland .... :like:

Second phase of the fair was great as I found heaps of stuff. I will post it up & link it to my Ebay store when it is going. Also went to a factory on Thursday & committed to an order. More on that later.

This trip has been most successful thus far & still more to come. Finally I am seeing some potential business opportunities over here as I have been offered a few to invest in. It will only take one to stick.

As I keep saying, "join our trips & see the opportunities that present themselves".
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I will celebrate my 5000th post by saying farewell to DongGuan PRC & hello to Sacramento, CA, USA.

This trip has been a lot of fun, new friendships made as the old team grew some 50% (thanks Mike & David .... :like: ) & a lot of ground covered.

A lot of ideas were discussed & many plans made. It will only take one of those to stick to see a whole bunch of happy guys .... ;)

As some of you know, our group have some varied product coming down from China (art work, hoists, tie down strap, ovens, to name a few), all for the local market.

But to me China is the market that I look to. The middle class wealth is exploding in a way that for someone that has never seen the teeming millions, would never understand.

Example, China has more honor students than the US has students. More Chinese children are being educated overseas at high school & university than probably Australia's student population. Maybe not, but close.

The car market is growing at 21%, the US, while still having the most vehicles, has nowhere near that growth. China is the largest car manufacturer now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive ... c_of_China

Food is incredible, although they grow a lot of food, they still import a huge chunk of what they need. An example of size is that they have more pigs on farms then the next 43 pig producing nations PUT TOGETHER !!!!

As of this week, the will be the largest solar power panel & wind turbine producer as Europe has now fallen over in that area. The PRC Government just injected another US$1.6 Billion into that sector. They do not use them, just make & sell them.

To me it is the land of opportunity ......
Kerry

69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

Well it's about time you leave DG. It was not fair you still being there while the rest of us have gone back to our soon to be third world country.
A word of advise....Never get into a sword fight with Steve.....He has some slick moves!!!
Sorry that should read SICK moves!!!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

69Boss wrote:Well it's about time you leave DG. It was not fair you still being there while the rest of us have gone back to our soon to be third world country.
You think Australia is a "soon to be" third world country ? Then do not venture over the pond to the US, they have already arrived ....... ;)
Kerry

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Good to see to see you made it to the US in one piece. You should be able to get a bit of rest now.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

soc123_au wrote:You should be able to get a bit of rest now.
Yes going back on the 20th ( arriving 21st ) should see a little deja vu, you think ? :poke:
Kerry

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

ozbilt wrote:
soc123_au wrote:You should be able to get a bit of rest now.
Yes going back on the 20th ( arriving 21st ) should see a little deja vu, you think ? :poke:
Jay should have my package waiting there for you by then Kerry
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

mikes68 wrote:
Jay should have my package waiting there for you by then Kerry
No problem, I will bring it back to Sydney with me & post it to you on the Monday.
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Plenty of pictures from the event here .....

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww28 ... ct%202012/
Kerry

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Mmmm, drum girls......................