Dono's 67 GTA s-code Fastback

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Dono's 67 GTA s-code Fastback

Post by donoauto »

OK , I've just sent off my nomination of Birchy (s[_]spect) for Aust. of The Year. Currently downloading an application of Father of The Year ( hope he has kids???) to fill out with Birchy's name on it & send it off.
I'm also in communication with the Queen about a knighthood (Sir Birchy - has a certain ring to it , no? ) & an Order of Australia. Why you may ask......
On Thursday , a huge mystery package turned up a my workshop which turned out to be a factory '67 centre console in Ivy Gold from Birchy. Nearly smashed my face , i smiled that hard. You are The Man - Anthony Mundine has it all wrong.
ShaunP will notice how crap my dash board is. This is why I'm keen to get something done , what's there at the moment really brings down the interior. LHD bezels are on the way for a cut & shut - just waiting for a fairlane to come into the country that these bezels are hiding in.
Before....

After......

Got shifter indicator lamp working & wired in the rear interior lamps. Very very happy , which led to a few of these..........

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Looks shit hot Mark. I must admit I love the Ivy Gold. Such a period correct colour. And Birchy is a legend which is one you missed mate.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Wow! what a difference a console makes :thumbs:
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

scott66stang wrote:Wow! what a difference a console makes :thumbs:
Too right. Looks great. Now for the upper console Mark. :-D
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
70Coupe
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 70Coupe »

:thumbs: Looks great Mark, well done.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Looks much better, nice one!
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

They look sloop good. Great work from the forum again.......... hooking up a brother lives on.

And yes bring on fairlanes I have s :joy:
ome brake bits in one too
Cheers,
j
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

hell of a difference. Looks fantastic

Matt

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Yeah those dash pieces are shit, wasn't kerry getting us some to cut up? if he has them just have him send them straight to me.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Yep, just waiting for them to come into the country (loaded in the back of a Fairlane import)
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

donoauto wrote:Yep, just waiting for them to come into the country (loaded in the back of a Fairlane import)
some car as my stuff, so all should be good.... :thumbs:
Cheers,
j
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

A few photo's of my mates '67 Fastback C-code. This was the one that one on ebay around 4-5 months ago @ Tweed Heads for $20k - a few of you may remember it being discussed here & on MOCA.
Stored on a hoist since around 1987, original 1 owner with signed delivery/owners manual in the glovebox. Needed a quick engine/brake/suspension rebuild, new carby/fuel pump etc etc etc. Good luck with the auto-trans is all i can say - he didn't even service it 8O 8O 8O just topped up the fluid 8O
Got it drivable on Saturday. Pulled a few 1 leggers.....barely. Apparently auto started flaring on him yesterday, about the same time the original radiator let go on him. Surprise, surprise.
Going the TransAm theme for the next few years til he pulls it off the road for a restoration :thumbs: Got it stickered today. Finished off tomorrow with a "Driver - insert name here" tag on the drivers door or on the roof above the door, and an awesome old Champion spark plug logo he found on the web - getting those stickers around 400mm long & putting on the rear quarters. Will attract 'ol hotrodders like flies to shit next week at our local rodrun.

Amen.
Bumblebee
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bumblebee »

Console looks great Mark!

Hope wee can catch up again at the Nationals in Newcastle?

Cheers
Cheers Bee

Image Image ImageImageImageImage
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

That would be great Les.
Amen.
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

Only just noticed that console addition. Does make a difference, looks great.