Mike's 68

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Mike's 68

Post by nassi »

For the rear main/sump leak, just have a look at your rocker covers or nip up the bolts a little. Seepage here can look like a leak lower down.
Could the trans leak be from the overflow and blowing back?
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

nassi wrote:For the rear main/sump leak, just have a look at your rocker covers or nip up the bolts a little. Seepage here can look like a leak lower down.
Could the trans leak be from the overflow and blowing back?
Good point(s) there Nassi... Will check them both out.
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Just went and checked the left rocker cover... The outer rear bolt turned in probably a full turn or so. Maybe that is it!

I think my story will be something along the lines of....

I found the rocker cover bolt was loose and think that was leaking down the back of the block. I have tightened and wiped down but there is still likely a little residual oil to come down the block that I can't reach to wipe clean hence the light streak there now!

Something similar re the gearbox... Oops, I overfilled the gearbox a tad and I think it is blowing out the breather...

See how that goes!
Fifty Years Afloat

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I wouldn't go too far with the excuses. I'd just say you found some bolts that weren't tightened to spec.

Why not stop around the corner from the shop and get under it to give it a wipe over?
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

:joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance:
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

That's a BIG FAT PASS if you didn't get it!!!
:snigger:

All I have to do now is take in the inspection certificate and other associated paperwork to the Department of Transport, pay the stamp duty, registration fee and get the plates issued!!!
Last edited by mikes68 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fifty Years Afloat

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Fantastic Mike... enjoy the ride mate!
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

hybrid wrote:Fantastic Mike... enjoy the ride mate!
Thanks Jeff.

I don't even know where to start with the "thank you's", appreciation and so on for all of the invaluable assistance and input from the mangy crowd on this forum... youz blokes are awright in my book. The advice and actual physical assistance has been just awesome and as I sit here with a tear or two welling up in my eyes I think of my Dad and how quietly proud I know he would be looking down over us!
Fifty Years Afloat

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Well done Mike, now drive the bloody thing!! Oh in the fine weather only of course!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Nuts wrote:Well done Mike, now drive the bloody thing!! Oh in the fine weather only of course!
Perth forecast for the next 7 days 35, 35, 35, 39, 40, 40, 40 c . Mike you better wear a hat. :sunglasses:
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Congrats Mike, a nice few months of good weather left too.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

Well done Mike. Great to see you have "finished" the car.
I have followed your build fairly closely as you had to replace many of the same panels as myself so it has been a great source of information for me.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

way to go. Perseverance paid off in spades. Now the fun part - pulling chicks!
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

mikes68 wrote::joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance: :joy: :cheer: :backflip: :woohoo: :bananadance:
+1
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Congrats Mike from both Mrsozbilt & me. I am still amazed at what you blokes can do with basic gear, yes mate, your Dad would be very proud of you ........ :thumbs:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet