project mustang question

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: project mustang question

Post by scott66stang »

We have had a couple of 66 coupe shell only sell here in WA for 5-6k although i did not see the condition of them.

It would be worth emailing Ken about a 66 coupe he still has that is a donor car that comes with a Mustang ute project. Or to keep an eye out for what you are looking for. Its about 14 posts down on this pge http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... rt=30.html

I think you could pick up the Coupe only for 3k which will be about 6-6.5k landed. I dont know the condition of floors etc but im sure he could give you the rundown with pics. You may even be able to negotiate a deal to get the Ute as a "parts car" "for import approval" as it is a heavily modified vehicle. Email Ken or i can do it for you if you are interested. kazken123@aol.com

The best thing to do if you can spare some more cash is to load up the car with as many floorpans and panels you can, they are alot cheaper over there, otherwise contact (Gary) mustangpanels on this sitehave good prices over your way. The smaller stuff you can get later and wont cost too much in freight, or sorce them locally.
Mustangs Plus is close to Ken so check out their website to get an idea of prices.
http://www.mustangsplus.com/catalog/index.html
Last edited by scott66stang on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

soc123_au wrote:The transport costs etc are the same weather its a shell or a complete car. A shell can even run a bit higher as its harder to move around. Dont give up looking though as you never know what may come up, I would be looking localy though for what you are after.

In an earlier post you said you dont mind replacing panels, panels are easy enough. A rusty shell though is a money pit. Check out my photobucket link in my sig & you will see some examples.
There are no shortages of rusty pics in your photobucket site Steve. :(
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

Thanks a heap soc, dono and all. I won't give up hope. Hopefully I find something even if it's a bit more spending. I'll have a word to the guys you suggested and see what costs are involved for importing
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Good luck tceddia, hope to see you back here in the project section soon.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

Just another question off topic though. How come when I send a private message to someone it comes up in my outbox but not in my sent items?

Thanks
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

Thanks hybrid
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

tceddia did you see this on ebay?

1966 Ford Mustang coupe $3000
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

thanks bages,

i got in contact with ken and he has a red 66 mustang that i put a deposit on.

$3000 plus around another $3000 to get it here he said. it has its original v8 in it apparently. ive never been so excited in my whole life

thanks for looking for me, i really appreciate it
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

no wuckas, looking forward to seeing your project thread :)
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Excellent news tceddia. Welcome to the club.

I'm sure Ken has explained it's condition well, but expect to find lots of nasties under the paint and panels etc as you strip it down.
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

yeah i gathered that hybrid.

im looking forward to doing a heap of work on it. he has told me what to expect. front floor panels need complete replacement, rust on bottom of door, some panels, bumper replacement and so on. im gonna be able to bring this baby to life my way.
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

great stuff mate ken's cars are as described and at least you know what you are getting into! look forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pics
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Well done mate, when that coupe and ute deal came up a while ago i almost jumped on it just for the cheap coupe, i am glad Ken has seperated them for you at the right price. But as said above be aware of the stuff you cant see and get as many panels as you can thrown in the car for shipping. I would consider purchasing an upper and lower cowl as they are usually always rusted out.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Is the shipping cost including brokers fee's? If not be aware that you will need to pay for the customs clearance and the brokers fees as well, once the car arrives here.

Cheers Neil.