MGA and E type Jag almost ready to sell

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: MGA and E type Jag almost ready to sell

Post by Shaunp »

Cameron wrote:Looking amazing mate. I totally love the E types. Any pictures going? Especially the front and that lovely dash.

Question - was the "British Collection" a conscious thing? Or something that happened by hap-stance because you like the lines on both of the vehicles?
Oh it was conscious for sure, I went from Torana's to Jags, Nothing like a real neat Jag. The Jag XK twin cam 6 engine would be one of the greatest engine ever built won Lemans many times in the 50's in C and D types, C types were the first with Disc brakes and the Italion car just could keep up with them as a result. A strong XK engine has a sound all of it's own. Not many production cars had twin cam hemi heads from 1948 on ward. Not to mention the V12s they are great to, you won't find a beter point to point car than an high compression V12 XJS they are like a turbine. Jags won the early Australian touring car championships in the early 60's driven by David Mackay and Bob Jane, Jane had the fastest Mk2 in the world in those days. A good warmed 3.8 liter Mk2 sedan will do beter than 130mph. That was pretty quick in 62.

LEEH69
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by LEEH69 »

Being a pommie myself
HELL I JUST LOVE EM.

my dad used to own a mk2 british racing green.

nice work Shaun, if I could afford to and was allowed to, I'd be knocking on ya door.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

I'm keeping the Gold car, first Jag I purchased got when I was 19, rebuilt it twice, needs another paint job now but the rest is still smick. Want to intergrate some AC this time. After the mustang this is the next job.
BOSS289
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by BOSS289 »

Hi shaunp,

Ah...E-Type 6 cyl Jaguar, timeless shape and design which still turns head's today.

Would definately have one in the garage tomorrow if I could afford one and also had the room...

Cheers,

BOSS289
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

All I'm seein is headaches , I'm sorry. Probably because I've never experienced fun or good times in any Jags - always been swearing & tearing my hair out any time I've gone near them.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Mark most electrical issues are the lucar connectors and the fuse boxes, XJ cars with 3ag fuses play up deluxe, change the entire fuse box for a new one with push in plastic fuses and they are fine. The Climate control takes a bit of work to sort sometimes, mostly vacuum faults though. XJ40 cars take some nutting out electrically if the are not right. But then I played with them for 20 years I guess. I drove XJ cars as everyday cars for years, loved them as drive cars. My dad's ser 3 xj was a low k fire damage car, rats got up under the dash and ate wireing till it caught fire under a blokes house. I striped it to the fire wall , fitted another AC unit, harness, dash, hood lining etc, did that about 13 years ago, car is still going as far as I know, Dad sold it to a mate of mine ( grant the guy I got the MG from 20+ years ago) Grant sold to one of his mates 18 months back. I suspect you'd only see the shit ones I guess.
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

For Jag fans, heres some badges and bonnet emblems on evilbay (not mine)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JAGUAR-MK-II ... 27bcf731b0
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Love the Jags, they have always been a beautiful car and those early straight six engines are pure art just to look at. I've got to say after driving an XJ6 a fair bit (wife's car) I have a lot of respect for them, the ride is second to none and they're put together very well.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

I love the look of that MGA. Was real keen to buy one of these a few years back but couldn't find a decent one at the time and then the money was used for something else (same old story).
HappyOne
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by HappyOne »

Hey Shaun,

When is the guy picking up the E-Type - he must be chomping at the bit to get hold of it .....our is it a case of you can't bare to see it leave and are you having second thoughts ...l know l would be !!

:drink:
Never Die Wondering ...What If ????

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they Wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Gone last Thursday, we took it down a put rego on it I drove it down to his place.