Project Lime A code.

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Project Lime A code.

Post by ozbilt »

I also found it interesting (in the above pic) that the RH engine mount had sheared but not the LH. It is usually the other way around.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

No idea Kerry the engine was in the boot when i got the car. Perhaps the yanked it with it still bolted up. Or the LH has been replaced who knows. I do know it was serviced by Hemingways garage as the sticker is in the door jamb. A lick and stick transfer can't read the date.

Also Kerry it has a black dymo type label on the top LH door hinge which has the number 1269 which is the first 4 numbers of the serial in the vin, looks like it was alway there, car has never been apart or resprayed before I got it, touch ups aside. I'm thinking I should put it back after paint.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21058009-he ... -santa-ana

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Shaunp wrote: I do know it was serviced by Hemingways garage as the sticker is in the door jamb. A lick and stick transfer can't read the date.

Also Kerry it has a black dymo type label on the top LH door hinge which has the number 1269 which is the first 4 numbers of the serial in the vin, looks like it was alway there, car has never been apart or resprayed before I got it, touch ups aside. I'm thinking I should put it back after paint.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21058009-he ... -santa-ana

Seems like I should drop in on Hemmingway's when I am down that way (in the next few weeks), might see is I can get you a new service sticker or 2 !!!!

The dymo lable, that could be explained thus..... the car was painted with the doors, rear apron & trunk fitted. All else were painted as separate pieces, so that # would allow the assembler to find the front fenders faster & the # would also make sure they were not putting the same colour fender that may have a GTA badge holes (for example)..

Kerry

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Cool if you could get me some stickers. So should the other panels have dymo labels as well? do you reckon. And where would they have been? Wax crayon perhaps?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Shaunp wrote:Cool if you could get me some stickers. So should the other panels have dymo labels as well? do you reckon. And where would they have been? Wax crayon perhaps?
Probably crayon on the inside, but with the panels off, look for traces of the outline of a dymo label or the crayon #.
Kerry

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Just had a quick look, still red oxide can't see it ,but I'll clean it carefully. I know it's not going to be original concour car, being RHD and a different trans but I wouldn't mind get this stuff kind of correct for the hell of it.
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

awesome thread shaun :) nice work!

thats a great factory photo kerry :)
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

nice work Shaun

just love project threads
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

shermatt wrote:just love project threads
+1 Love reading and viewing the pics. Makes me inspired (and remember long supressed depressing memories) about my ride.

Thing what really interests me though is the little bits of information about the cars. Such as the plastic tag on this one, ozbilts tid bits of information and the overspray on Lee's (Foresights). I could never do concourse - but i can definately see the attraction in it!
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Some of the xtra bitts that will find their way on to the car.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Good to see you are back into it. Have you done your bezels yet?
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Done trial set, haven't had any metalised. I was just at Johns he has some done by this bloke and they look smart, think he charged $350 for 3 setts? mybe it was 2. Was going to go to the Queensport with him for a steak sandwich and titty girls selling raffle tickets but I'm feling a bit crook. Going to go back & pick and up the spit from the the work shop tomorrow so i put my car on it.

Best I think if we send this guy a few sets to make it worth while, as he does them all at once in the machine, then we just need to 2k clear them. The metaliseing is very thin, needs clear over it to protect it, should last forever then.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

If its 350 for a couple of sets that sounds great. Mine are done ready to get that done. I will get Cages done asap so we can do them at the same time. I will just do his to suit my dash as his will be the same anyway.
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

have i just started a thread thats covered here? i should go back and take a look... hey Steve, maybe i can send mine over too if its any good.
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Spit is is here and ready to go.