67 Convertibuild

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 67 Convertibuild

Post by scott66stang »

After i went to hospital and got the metal dug out of my eye from doing metal work yesterday. Actually the metal fell out of my hair into my eye when i was sitting on the computer last night. :Nerd:
I decided more grinding was not a good idea today, so thought i would try my paint samples i got the other day and spray some old panels i am replacing . The vert (BF Falcon "Menace") and the Fastback (BA or BF ???? "Ego") .
Unfortunately i dont like either of them , Menace nice colour but i want something in between that and wild violet , there is another purple i like. And the Ego is more like Green in the sun. Im going to have to visit the Ford Dealership again me thinks.

Last edited by scott66stang on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Hope your eye heals before you go back to the paint shop, The pink on the vert doesn't look good in the pics. What about that Commodore purple, seen a few SS's in that colour, Morpheus i think its called
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Hope your Eye is OK mate.
I agree, there is also Cadbury purple, which is a nice colour, with a Holden paint code I believe. Morpheous is a pretty cool colour, on the VE ss.

There is also a cool VE dark grey, forgot the name.

Have you considered the TCP RHD kit?
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

blkpny wrote:
Are you talking about R&P steering or is there a firewall cowl kit like RRS?
Not in the Budget , not yet anyway .
I know of the holden purple but i just cant bring myself to add a non ford colour. Just me. I have seen the Ford colour i like at the Ford dealer , i must of just got confused with the codes or been told wrong. Its all good , i had the paint and was open minded .
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Great pic of the ego... you can even see the coloured specs.

Was that 2Pk paint that you used?
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

blkpny wrote:Hope your Eye is OK mate.
I agree, there is also Cadbury purple, which is a nice colour, with a Holden paint code I believe. Morpheous is a pretty cool colour, on the VE ss.

There is also a cool VE dark grey, forgot the name.

They got a small speck out of my eye , but im sure they didnt get the main culprit even after i asked to check again. They tried to look under my eyelid but it was too swollen and they even put a dye in to check again. Tears are streaming atm and my nose is running like a tap. Going back in the morning or tonight if i cant sleep.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Been there before.. thankfully the orange dye stuff helped the doc find all of it.
I was porting an ally manifold and was stupid enough to blow into it to try and clear the dust away. Why I didn't close my eyes I will never know.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

hybrid wrote:Great pic of the ego... you can even see the coloured specs.

Was that 2Pk paint that you used?
No Acrylic, and that fender isnt overcoated with clear or cut and polished , the Menace on the vert is.
They do look better in real life , the specs on the ego are amazing as you walk around it.

Went to Ford dealer and saw the colour i wanted in person , it is "Viper"BF Falcon
Last edited by scott66stang on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Posted this elsewhere on the forum , as it was just an experiment but i may just use it we will see. So copying it here now.

Since i had the 67 Vert dash and cowl off and the damaged firewall had to come out for replacement and RHD conversion , i decided to chop out the similar size and curvature shape XL falcon firewall out of one of the wrecks and give it a go at fiment. BTW i more than likely wont be using it , but there is a possibility i might with a few mods like the mastercyl cut out from the 67 fitted and maybe the heater bulge.
The lot is just Tek screwed together

The 67 cowl sitting over the XL Falcon Cowl with the same curvature

Mustang master cyl and pedal box bolts up but is about 40mm short of the dash , the falcon pedal box is about 40 mm longer so should bolt up.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Untill i mod the rh rear engine bay apron i dont know if a booster will fit .
A mustang one anyway. Also used the Mustang tran hump coz the falcon one is smaller.

ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

great work Scott, genius
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
dalex
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by dalex »

Found you a twin for the car if you want to have two and be a real glutton for punishment

http://www.missourimustang.com/id133.htm
“Middle Age - When you want to see how long your car will last instead of how fast it will go.” .. unknown
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

dalex wrote:Found you a twin for the car if you want to have two and be a real glutton for punishment

http://www.missourimustang.com/id133.htm
Haha identical twins even down to rear bumper sitting inside the car. I would buy that if i had the extra cash , salva has 2 convertible top frames at his sale. :-D
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

from what I heard, Salva had a guy buy the lot in a Job Lot, so he is a pretty happy boy about now!

That Mustang is worse than this one, not roof frame, no driveline, will be more expensive than this one.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Mustangs are Addictive!
65 Coupe Project
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Any progress on this one, Scott?
Mustangs are Addictive!
65 Coupe Project