Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Re: Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike

Post by shermatt »

The ebay listing!!

I never read it but MAYBE....someone wanted to buy a car from him after an auction finished and he agreed to relist it with a buy it now price of a $1 under a section like "books" or "parts" as it doesnt have a $100 selling fee at the end or a $50 insertion fee

Those ebay fee's eat shi7

I think the best inspection is a video inspection. Photographs work but never tell the whole story.

I think with the technology we have today, its kinda crazy that sellers dont offer it...if they cant do it, there 6 yr old grandson can

However, I watched a back to back Sunday of desert car classics and saw most of the cars they have done to date. They used the word "fully restored" so many times and all they had achieved was clean a car up. What I would call a revived driver (in there case a parts car)

They knock em out with a budget of $10,000, 3-4 guys and 2-3 weeks to complete the "FULL RESTORATION" and then refering to barret jackson as to the value the car is worth.

That word is used so much over here on drivers with new paint and new interior that its almost 90% of all cars advertised

For all the guys that have pulled one apart and are doing it themselves, know this first hand, that its not a walk in the park and 3 weeks with 3 guys aint gonna get you much...but its a good start