Restoration heaven!

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Restoration heaven!

Post by soc123_au »

You could build plenty of decent ones out of it Bas, only trouble is you could buy 2 good ones for the cost of saving one basket case.

You are correct Scott, loads of potential for couches & bbqs etc. I am back on board Justang.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Just parts like original doors and fenders would be worth a lot here in aus, I am looking for a clutch and brake assembly, nothing to be found here and even in the states they are around the $250 mark.
eri67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by eri67 »

all the hang ons etc seem stuffed, probably
why he isnt parting them all out!
Supposed to have sold the stang and moved on, but cant keep away from this place or my stang for that matter!!! ever tried to sell your left nut?
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Minisota....49 cars...al rooted and inop...Sheri would cut both of em off

$50,000 just to get them picked up

Probably another $10,000 to get the parts picked up, plus the bid of say $20,000 for a pile of shagged mustangs with no titles.

$80,000 would buy alot of shagged mustangs down here in Florida

Im sure this is a divorce sale :)

Must admit, having a little walk through of the shed would be some fun shit...thats where all the love is

Matt
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

unilec5544 wrote:Just parts like original doors and fenders would be worth a lot here in aus, I am looking for a clutch and brake assembly, nothing to be found here and even in the states they are around the $250 mark.
Mark,

what year you chasing...I have a 67/8 and I think Sherm has a few

Matt
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

This will be a good one to keep an eye on
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

For all those thinking of the USA wrecking yard, cruise night & Route 66 tour next year........ you will see lots of these types of collections & you will only be too happy to leave them there... :-D

Not even any parts worth having, anything decent would have gone away 30 years ago from those types of collections.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

shermatt wrote:
unilec5544 wrote:Just parts like original doors and fenders would be worth a lot here in aus, I am looking for a clutch and brake assembly, nothing to be found here and even in the states they are around the $250 mark.
Mark,

Matt
Not sure if the 67 is the same but I am looking for a 65/66.

Cheers Neil.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

ozbilt wrote:For all those thinking of the USA wrecking yard, cruise night & Route 66 tour next year........ you will see lots of these types of collections & you will only be too happy to leave them there... :-D

Not even any parts worth having, anything decent would have gone away 30 years ago from those types of collections.
I am sure you are right Kerry, it's just that you never see anything like it here.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote:
shermatt wrote:
Mark,

Matt
Not sure if the 67 is the same but I am looking for a 65/66.

Cheers Neil.
You only need the pedals as the pedal box remains the same. The pedal box & pedals are unique to the 65/6.

Buy the clutch pedal new & cut down the pad on your auto brake pedal.

Send me the pedal box & I will fit roller bearings for you, (67/8 box shown).....

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Pedal box mod is neat.
Thanks for the photo.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

If you are going RHD use an XA-XC falcon pedal box, booster hydraulic clutch etc. Just cut the dash snout off the mustang one and weld them together just back from the falcon brake light switch, have look at my car. Falcon pedal boxes are the same XA-XF, but only the ealry cars are hydrulic clutch which is what you want. One on the left is modified XB, other is an XF auto. The boxes are the same you just need longer shaft for the top and falcon clutch pedal.

tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

If you were to Win the auction, you have until November 1st to remove everything! and he's not selling his block, so buying him out completely is not an option...
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

thanks Kerry and Shaun, I will look into getting a clutch pedal and doing the mod to my original pedal box as in the picture.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

tim_morrison82 wrote:If you were to Win the auction, you have until November 1st to remove everything! and he's not selling his block, so buying him out completely is not an option...
Yeah, I think he will be hard pressed in selling them.