project - Green with........

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: project - Green with........

Post by tim_morrison82 »

That looks very nice envy! Btw, the ignition package arrived today. Thanks!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

Thought I might just add a few more pic's of my coupe....rushing to get the last couple of things done so I get it to the Engeneer by wednesday before the new NSW scheme for engeneers come in....look like i will be burning some midnight oil!
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

some more
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

a couple more
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

love that steering wheel, what make is it? :thumbs:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Looking very nice , good luck :thumbs:
IGALOP
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by IGALOP »

That's a great looking Pony Envy.
Selling the Mustang story to all those who will listen!
There are many listening in Gippsland.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Awesome Pete, the finish line is in sight!
Do you know an accountant by the name of Glenn...someone?? down there. He knows you (if i've correctly remembered your last name). He's building a filthy nice '67 coupe at the moment.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

looking good, good luck envy
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What are the RTA changes that will stop it being registered?
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

Very nice indeed
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

unilec5544 wrote:love that steering wheel, what make is it? :thumbs:
Hi Unilec5544...I brought this off the net from a mob in the states called foreversharp. It's not a nme brand but suited what I wanted and came with a running horse logo etched into the horn button.
With the strong dollar over the past few mths I have found it cheaper to get what I was looking for from the states most of the time.

cheers
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

donoauto wrote:Awesome Pete, the finish line is in sight!
Do you know an accountant by the name of Glenn...someone?? down there. He knows you (if i've correctly remembered your last name). He's building a filthy nice '67 coupe at the moment.
Hi Donoauto.
Yeah I know Glenn he is my accountant and just lives around the road fro me.
He said he blew his whole budget on the rebuid in the motor alone!!...you have to worry about an accountant that can't keep to a budget:)....maybe that's why he charges me so much!.

hoping to be on the road by this long weekend.
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

hybrid wrote:What are the RTA changes that will stop it being registered?
Hi Hybrid. the changes will not stop it getting registered but from the engenners are sying the new changes will make the costs much higher as most thing will require additional testing... One example I was told was that for each new seatbelt added to a car ( say the lap sash in my 66 coupe) will be required to have a pull test on each of the bolt points. Upgraded brakes will also require some outlandish teat that thay belive will be a minimum of $1800.....so the engineers are thinking ( though the RTA has ended the current engeneeing signatory system from 29/09/11 and put in plce the replacement scheme...there are no details outher than additional insurance costs etc for the engeneers) that an Engeneer cert in NSW may go up possibly 10 fold.
This is why the big push to get modified cars registered now rather than later.......Basily there is not a lot of detail coming from the RTA either.
envy66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by envy66 »

Got my car engeneered and passed all modifications except the new wheel....while they fit under the guards the track width is too wide so Looks like I will be selling my new wheels and looking for a new set that will fit within the track guide lines......unles of course the Blue slip guys pass it in which case the aftermarket wheels will not appear on the engeneer reports, But will stay on the car!.
I drove the 66 2.5 hrs from Coffs to Port Macquarie and back yesterday to get the certificate and all went well except she overheaed within about 15 kms from home.....I think I have n electrical fault as the thermo fan stopped as did the headlights and brake lights!.......and so close to rego....hopefully not a big isue and will go for blue slip and rego later in the week...will let you know how I fair.....cheers