Moderator: Moderators

jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: New Garage project

Post by jonn »

ozbilt wrote:
jonn wrote:Hi Kerry,
If I ever put a car back on the rotisserie, I wont have to raise the roof with props so I can rotate the car.

cheers
Jon
Now that would have made a neat YouTube ... :popcorn:
Hi Kerry,

Not that exciting, but brute force gave me an additional 200m of roof height

cheers
Jon
Last edited by jonn on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

At this point I will be using conventional building wrap / sarking under the roof, but there are a lot of alternatives.

Has anyone lined or insulated their shed and what did you use?
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

We screwed colour bond in my mates to make spray booth, put normal roof wool between the 2 sheets made a huge differance.
m67gl
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by m67gl »

jonn wrote:At this point I will be using conventional building wrap / sarking under the roof, but there are a lot of alternatives.

I wouldnt use sarking only under a metal roof, one layer and the condensation that occurs on the underside. I still like the 50mm insulated blanket (foil with yellow fibreglass bat material attached) or look into Air-Cell. Lots of roofers are going to that now. Works on the walls to.
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

m67gl wrote:
jonn wrote:At this point I will be using conventional building wrap / sarking under the roof, but there are a lot of alternatives.

I wouldnt use sarking only under a metal roof, one layer and the condensation that occurs on the underside. I still like the 50mm insulated blanket (foil with yellow fibreglass bat material attached) or look into Air-Cell. Lots of roofers are going to that now. Works on the walls to.
Hi m67gl

Thank you for your comments. The air-cell product is interesting.

cheers
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

Another significant step forward, 3 phase power.

As the existing power feed and switch board for the house was from the ark, we had to replace the lot or no connection to the new garage.

So we paid a little bit extra and upgraded to 3 phase power. While all of my workshop gear is currently single phase, a larger air compressor is now on my shopping list.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

jonn wrote:Another significant step forward, 3 phase power.

As the existing power feed and switch board for the house was from the ark, we had to replace the lot or no connection to the new garage.

So we paid a little bit extra and upgraded to 3 phase power. While all of my workshop gear is currently single phase, a larger air compressor is now on my shopping list.
jbb has a 3 phase compressor for sale. Can be taken as far as Canberra, or if you want to drive up my way .... :lol:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Jon
That stump that i cut for your panel shaping jigger is no good, its rotten in the middle and as it has dried out heaps of big cracks have opened up. I'll keep my eyes out for something else
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

TimR67 wrote:Jon
That stump that i cut for your panel shaping jigger is no good, its rotten in the middle and as it has dried out heaps of big cracks have opened up. I'll keep my eyes out for something else
The best ones we had in the TAFE colleges were lami beams. You would need a press to hold the different pieces together while the glue dries, but no big deal to make.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
IGALOP
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by IGALOP »

Jon, Tim probably just wanted that stump for his slow combustion heater. It's been pretty cold at night down here and good wood like that, would keep all his flock warm for a night or two. ( Chuckle ).
Selling the Mustang story to all those who will listen!
There are many listening in Gippsland.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

canberra depot to melbourne depot would be around $162 for a pallet 1mx1mx1m

depending on what car we took for a road trip something else may be able to be arranged also.
Cheers,
j
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

ozbilt wrote:
jonn wrote:Another significant step forward, 3 phase power.

jbb has a 3 phase compressor for sale. Can be taken as far as Canberra, or if you want to drive up my way .... :lol:
Definitely an option. I've started looking, but not getting serious until the roof is on and the floor concreted.

I currently run 2 compressors in parallel and in theory achieve 370 LPM Free Air. In practice this isn't enough so bigger is definitely better.
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for trying to find one. Hope it burns well. Let me know if you find anything else. I'm also going to look into Kerry's idea.

cheers
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

jonn wrote:
Hi Tim,

Thanks for trying to find one. Hope it burns well. Let me know if you find anything else. I'm also going to look into Kerry's idea.

cheers
No worries, I reckon Kerrys idea is the go. The only stumps that I have come across lately are redgum, they would be perfect for you, but they get cut up and go straight in the fire.
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

I’m currently organising the concrete slab and looking for your comments regarding slabs.

My initial thoughts are 125mm thick, a troweled smooth finish with a slight slope across the whole floor from the back to the front?
Or is it better to have a level floor except near the doors where I would have a slight slope for water runoff?