Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 2013 Summernats.

Post by MustangMedic »

Gents,
I'll be there Friday morning in an official capacity, Nuts, I'll ring you before I leave HQ. I am looking to purchase a transmission cooler for my pony while I'm there, as I will have a 1 hour of oportunity whilst meeting the medical team. But can I say after meeting the chief manager of the Indy 500 medical team out there this morning, can I say, who's getting a gig at Indy in the next 2 years, in the role of observer, my choice when I get to visit, they where actually impressed that I knew so much about their operations & logistics on the day of the event....woohooooo......
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
MUZZY_66
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MUZZY_66 »

We are set to be srutineered at 7am fri.....Off into civic after that for some breakfast then back in for a few hours before retreating to the hotel for a swim and some drinks by the pool.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Survived a cool Warrnambool (max of 22deg for the four days), although the Great Ocean Road on the way home was well worth the drive. Am planning on attending on Friday also. We should plan a meet somewhere.

Muzzy, where are you staying, might need the pool over the next few days.

For anyone attending the Nats, the Mustangs will be in Braddon over Friday and Saturday night as usual, in the same place- Cafe Pronto (at least that is what it has been called for the last 10 years). YOu should drop by and say gidday. The guy in the black 70 (?) coupe always crusies by a few times.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
MUZZY_66
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MUZZY_66 »

We are staying out near Kingston.

Sat night we either end up at Manika for Japanese,or Kingston for cook your own at the pub or head for one of the restaurants in Kingston.

We did attend Pronto in 2010,the young guys played cricket and had the bbq cranking opposite,that year we stayed at the Novotel and walked over.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

MustangMedic wrote:Gents,
I'll be there Friday morning in an official capacity, Nuts, I'll ring you before I leave HQ. I am looking to purchase a transmission cooler for my pony while I'm there, as I will have a 1 hour of oportunity whilst meeting the medical team. But can I say after meeting the chief manager of the Indy 500 medical team out there this morning, can I say, who's getting a gig at Indy in the next 2 years, in the role of observer, my choice when I get to visit, they where actually impressed that I knew so much about their operations & logistics on the day of the event....woohooooo......
Cheers,
Medic
You mean in the States? I thought we don't do an Indy event here any more..
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Thats the deal, Nuts, Indianapolis, here we come...and the wife appears to be happy to go on a big adventure, not to mention the tax deductions, for the trip...I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

MustangMedic wrote:Thats the deal, Nuts, Indianapolis, here we come...and the wife appears to be happy to go on a big adventure, not to mention the tax deductions, for the trip...I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Medic
You'll need a bag carrierer eh Buddy :angel: ?

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

MustangMedic wrote:Gents,
Cheers,
Medic

Now let me think.................... does this make you a nosey bastard or a well researched applicant??????

Who cares?, well done mate. :like:
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Hey Nassi,
Can I say, it was more a case of a V8 supercar nut, relating a story, as well as a mate of mine cruising through Indianapolis looking at their ambulance services did I understand the logistics, and make a coment not realising who was sitting at the lunch table, I did attempt to explain the background to my knowledge, however, they thought it was cool that people in Australia had any idea of the logistics.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

MustangMedic wrote:Hey Nassi,
Can I say, it was more a case of a V8 supercar nut, relating a story, as well as a mate of mine cruising through Indianapolis looking at their ambulance services did I understand the logistics, and make a coment not realising who was sitting at the lunch table, I did attempt to explain the background to my knowledge, however, they thought it was cool that people in Australia had any idea of the logistics.
Cheers,
Medic

:like: Opportunity is all many people need to succeed.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Wow, what a day. 39 deg C, an hours wait to get in and by 3.45p the boobies had already started appearing- tonight is shaping up to be wild.

Saw a few of the burn-outs and they were pretty strong. An orange blown HQ 'one tunna' was going well until it popped an oil line and caught fire. The fountain of flame shooting up out of the uncovered engine bay was really pretty spectacular; a real crowd pleaser. A few Americans nearby were gob-smacked by the action!

Some really nice Mustangs. A few really tough classic 65-68's and one late model pro-streeter, still LHD. Even the creme Mustang (I think it is a 67-68 FB with billet most things and a really trick interior- rego is something 347) that is at many of the Mustang shows was doing laps.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

Ausjacko wrote:Wow, what a day. 39 deg C, an hours wait to get in and by 3.45p the boobies had already started appearing- tonight is shaping up to be wild.

Saw a few of the burn-outs and they were pretty strong. An orange blown HQ 'one tunna' was going well until it popped an oil line and caught fire. The fountain of flame shooting up out of the uncovered engine bay was really pretty spectacular; a real crowd pleaser. A few Americans nearby were gob-smacked by the action!

Some really nice Mustangs. A few really tough classic 65-68's and one late model pro-streeter, still LHD. Even the creme Mustang (I think it is a 67-68 FB with billet most things and a really trick interior- rego is something 347) that is at many of the Mustang shows was doing laps.
3.45??? they were out earlier than that.... Didn't look right with the star of a disney movie (flubber) making an appearance with one pair to create that awkward look

Saw the AusJacko fastback on the main arena... or what it should look like if the paint was good :poke:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

moe wrote:
Saw the AusJacko fastback on the main arena... or what it should look like if the paint was good :poke:
I'd have to agree Moe. :thumbs:

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Saw evenfatter's blue 69 and it's now got more under hood bling. You did well for xmas Joe.. How did you hide those hood hinges from Deb?? :poke:

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

As usual, the Mustangs parked in Braddon for the Friday (and a wet Saturday) night. Muzzy66 and a couple of others from Sydney turned out for dinner.
Is this the perfect parking lot?

Last edited by Ausjacko on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'68 J-code GT Fastback