Caddy Wacked

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by scott66stang »

The Caddy is missing the boot badge that sits above the V. It is 3.75" x 3" all the models after are around 2".

A search on the net and email to wreckers and suppliers came up with not available or 300+ for a repo, and is in 2 pieces (backing frame and insert).
Should look something like this 1953 one.

Finally found this one that needs a little love from the Emblem King for $36 + $16 postage to OZ, i have started to clean it up and repaint. Which is good enough for this driver. Also got a workshop manual on its way.

Last edited by scott66stang on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

scott66stang wrote: it was a hard decision as i actually wanted a 53 Mercury that Ken has more, but i dont need another full on project, the Mercury is a non runner and baby blue colour (yuk) so would need a heart transplant and a repaint.
I wanted both actually, im working on that one. ;)
8O
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

You are a sick puppy Scott, but I love it. Just keep buying them mate. You can never have too many cars I reckon. Very cool ride too by the way.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

cage wrote:You are a sick puppy Scott, but I love it. Just keep buying them mate. You can never have too many cars I reckon. Very cool ride too by the way.
Cage I think we counted the number of cars/projects Scott has and we came to the conclusion that you can in fact have too many cars :rotfl:

I still love those cards Scott. Let the WA lads know when the beast lands because I know that I definitely would like to check it out in the flesh and I think the others are the same!
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Foresight wrote:
cage wrote:You are a sick puppy Scott, but I love it. Just keep buying them mate. You can never have too many cars I reckon. Very cool ride too by the way.
Cage I think we counted the number of cars/projects Scott has and we came to the conclusion that you can in fact have too many cars :rotfl:

I still love those cards Scott. Let the WA lads know when the beast lands because I know that I definitely would like to check it out in the flesh and I think the others are the same!
Yes Cage been called that and more LOL! I know i have a problem but im enjoying it.

Nassi's Effie will proberly arrive in the same container leaving the US around mid January so could be a good get together.. thinking about it Nassi will have to get together " the Effie that is" :rotfl:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Your so funny.......... :lol: just keep concentrating on that trunk badge mate, might be the only restoration you finnish next year :rotfl:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:Your so funny.......... :lol: just keep concentrating on that trunk badge mate, might be the only restoration you finnish next year :rotfl:
Thats why i talked you into the Effie so i could finish something before you. :rotfl: :rotfl:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:
nassi wrote:Your so funny.......... :lol: just keep concentrating on that trunk badge mate, might be the only restoration you finnish next year :rotfl:
Thats why i talked you into the Effie so i could finish something before you. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:coat:
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:

don't worry Nassi your safe, I will put a Fiva on you still beating Scott :rotfl:
Cheers,
j
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

jusTANG wrote:
nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote: Thats why i talked you into the Effie so i could finish something before you. :rotfl: :rotfl:

don't worry Nassi your safe, I will put a Fiva on you still beating Scott :rotfl:
Thanks mate :lol: that should get mullet man on the move........... not to mention the fact that I think he has some shed time planned this year :outtahere:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
jusTANG wrote:
nassi wrote:
Thanks mate :lol: that should get mullet man on the move........... not to mention the fact that I think he has some shed time planned this year :outtahere:
Shed time? Are you talking about the time i will be spending building the other 12x9 shed/carport/man cave to house the finished projects i will have at the end of the year?

Last edited by scott66stang on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Thats it..................
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

hmmm shed time that'd be nice...
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Pinto-Pete wrote:hmmm shed time that'd be nice...
You have to be a NICE person in order to be granted shed time...... Cant see you gettin there for a very long time......... :lol:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:hmmm shed time that'd be nice...
You have to be a NICE person in order to be granted shed time...... Cant see you gettin there for a very long time......... :lol:
:rotfl: hurtfull least your dorg likes me... :poke: