Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Targa West

Post by boofhead »

Kerry - I hear a T5 is going cheap .... :poke:
I will someday think of something clever to say.
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Oops. Maybe I'll have to drive to Perth with the T5 in the trunk and nassi can do the job.
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

boofhead wrote:Kerry - I hear a T5 is going cheap .... :poke:
Yeah... Never used!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:Oops. Maybe I'll have to drive to Perth with the T5 in the trunk and nassi can do the job.
I see it all now Doug. You meet someone that shares your passion for the Blue Orchid & I get thrown under the bus ..... :furious:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Just so long as it's the Blue Orchid, not the Blue Oyster.
Then, I would be concerned.
BTW, caught up wit a few of the guys this evening at the second stage in Perth. A great bunch. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Gentleman Jim called me an arse-hole when I questioned his food intake plan after seeing him hoeing down on a soft-serve.
Hope things are running smoothly nassi, and don't forget, I apparently need some help fitting up a T5, even if your mob is more familiar with the Tremec.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Good to meet you Doug, afraid the evening turned to poop, 65 had some issues and had to go back to the workshop thus incurring a shit load of penalties and miss lockup in Park Ferme. Crawled into bed at 1 this morning and back out at 5. Others are doing OK though and 65 will rejoin today.
Dont worry about the T5, Kerry will have forgotten his threat by tomorrow lunchtime. :like:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:Just so long as it's the Blue Orchid, not the Blue Oyster.
Thank you for the correction. I got it wrong as it is not one of my hangouts. Good to see waldorf (nassi) met you there ..... :like:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

nassi wrote:Good to meet you Doug, afraid the evening turned to poop, 65 had some issues and had to go back to the workshop thus incurring a shit load of penalties and miss lockup in Park Ferme. Crawled into bed at 1 this morning and back out at 5. Others are doing OK though and 65 will rejoin today.
Dont worry about the T5, Kerry will have forgotten his threat by tomorrow lunchtime. :like:
Thanks nassi. Hope things are running smoothly today for your team.
Yeah, not to worry about Kerry, after all he does confuse Orchids with Oysters. As long as he doesn't forget how to operate the hoist everything should be ok.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

DD289 wrote:
nassi wrote:Good to meet you Doug, afraid the evening turned to poop, 65 had some issues and had to go back to the workshop thus incurring a shit load of penalties and miss lockup in Park Ferme. Crawled into bed at 1 this morning and back out at 5. Others are doing OK though and 65 will rejoin today.
Thanks nassi. Hope things are running smoothly today for your team.
Yeah, not to worry about Kerry, after all he does confuse Orchids with Oysters. As long as he doesn't forget how to operate the hoist everything should be ok.

Oh yeah, he can operate that hoist real well. Just mixes his up's and down's a bit though.

Cars 64 going really well, 65 running strong but out of contention. Actually managed some PB's today which softens the pain from yesterday. Saddly 32 (Sprint) did a clutch this morning but is back in the race, will suffer penalties but not as bad as it could have been as a stage was cancelled today due to safety issues.
The cars will be on display in Northbridge until about 2030 hours tonight.
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

How did it go today nassi?
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Pretty good considering, car 32 (sprint) ran well with the new clutch and had no further problems. Car 64 (Mustang coupe), sadly had an off so basically missed 2 stages but as is well, both crew unharmed and the car only has very basic damage. Car 65 (fastback), ran well all day just a little spin in the late afternoon but no damage and just a couple of seconds lost.
So no one at the sharp end but all will be there at the finnish tomorrow I think.

How is the conference going?
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Not as much fun as what you guys are doing, but we're selling a bit of gear so it will help pay Kerry's bill.
Went karting at Barbagallo tonight. Had a blast but a dozen Irishmen turned up acting the fool on the track. We hosed them in the racing but they were dangerously stupid. I think a Targa event would be much safer. Maybe next year :-)
I'd love to take the coupe racing. But it seems a very long way off, for a number if reasons. For now a stick shift and dreaming will have to suffice.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

DD289 wrote:Not as much fun as what you guys are doing, but we're selling a bit of gear so it will help pay Kerry's bill.
Went karting at Barbagallo tonight. Had a blast but a dozen Irishmen turned up acting the fool on the track. We hosed them in the racing but they were dangerously stupid. I think a Targa event would be much safer. Maybe next year :-)
I'd love to take the coupe racing. But it seems a very long way off, for a number if reasons. For now a stick shift and dreaming will have to suffice.
Dont do it............. too bloody expensive.
Take the coupe to a few club track days, a heap of fun and affordable.
The strip is another fun option too.
Glad the trip is proving worthwhile, means you might get to do it again. :lol:
cheers
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Good advice I'm sure nassi. Wakefield is just down the road.
First things first then...
Do you reckon Kerry's forgotten about the age crack yet? Be damned if I'm taking it there with a T-bar poking through the floor.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

I hope for your sake he has or he might just cut the Tee off the bar and give it back to you like that.