setting up home spray booth??

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: setting up home spray booth??

Post by Shaunp »

scott66stang wrote:Do you use accelerator in your 2k Shaun? i have never tried it
No. Normal hardener and reducer, fast reducer for touch ups sometimes. You have to let it flow out, wont do that with fast on large area. Suck it up and smash it on. You can always rub them out and flow coat them, so the shit is only in the last coat of clear.
mjb0015
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by mjb0015 »

Yeh have used acrylic, I like it but the finish from 2K is far nicer and it does flow off the gun better.
Hanging around... and around
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Shaunp wrote:
trav68 wrote:Image

This is our home made cross draft booth although due to shed constraints it is more of a parts booth but easily extendible. Barn doors with proper spray booth inlet filters, stud walls, cement sheeting, acrylic light cutouts with rear mounted fluro lighting, rear mounted plenum with paint arrestor filters and explosion proof 3 ph exhaust fan ex paint booth. Compressed air fed in from side as is fresh air as I use a fresh air fed respirator for 2k becuase it is foul crap. There is actually not a lot of $ in the above setup if you a clever sourcing materials for example I found the fan for $100 second hand, fluros are cheap, same for studwork and hardiflex sheeting if you have space for a setup which you intend to reuse in the future.

It is still not perfect but does better than open air painting and cuts down post paint wet sanding, buffing etc etc

Cheers,
Trav
That would work perfectly fine. Most panel shop booths are not actually very clean, and you still get shit in the paint. The secret its to blow more air in then you suck out so you have positive pressure. This way even if you open a door no dust coms in. You can buy prefab booths now from China for about 12K, a mate just got one, think of buying one also.
Let me know if you want a booth. The factory we get the hoists from also does booths. We just bought one in for Rob. Price depends on spec, but an end draught with no heat will be well under 12k.
trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by trav68 »

Cheers for info but i dont do enough painting to justify that havent picked up a gun in a good few months......

Maybe when/if I retire rich from the mining game and set my hobby shop up!

You still bring any scissors lifts over as that is something I could justify more easily!
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Yeah, got scissor lifts & hoists in stock.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

So what prices and set ups can you get in the Booths Steve?
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Pretty much whatever you want setup wise. An end draught with no bake would owe you about 9k landed & cleared at the Sydney depot. Brisbane would be a bit dearer as it would be in its own container. Let me know your ideal specs & I will price it up. Can get IR heating arches, end or down draught, custom sizes, with a built in scissor lift. Pretty much what ever you can dream up.